The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More X-Factor Miming

Scott

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an award winning singer, I can personally tell you it (smiling whilst singing) helps to hit high notes and it helps your pitching.

as you are the pro singer can u let me know how (whilst singing live) she managed to stop 'miming' a word about 4 seconds before that word actually finished belting out the speakers? :D

You can tell even the judges were like 'yeah right guess we better stand and clap you even though you havent actualy sung a note tonight)

as you are the pro singer can u let me know how (whilst singing live) she managed to stop 'miming' a word about 4 seconds before that word actually finished belting out the speakers? :D

You can tell even the judges were like 'yeah right guess we better stand and clap you even though you havent actualy sung a note tonight)

I don't know the bit you mean, but you did see her backing singers right?

I (sadly) scrutinise singers' tv performances. She was singing live.

You want to see bad miming check out whatsername -Shirley Cole.

I don't know the bit you mean, but you did see her backing singers right?

I (sadly) scrutinise singers' tv performances. She was singing live.

You want to see bad miming check out whatsername -Shirley Cole.

I agree, I think Mariah was singing live and didn't do too bad a job considering she has given the impression that she can't be ars*d in recent years.:innocent:

That is sad. :D

Yes. It's what I do when I'm not on here :D

Ok furry muff.

I thought it was embarassing miming by her tonight, it even sounded pre recorded compared to her voice when she said 'thanx' after the song.

But we'll have to disagree (even though im right :p )

Fair enough :)

Remember though when she is is singing, the sound guy will have her mic level up a certain amount to compete with the level of the band/orchestra/backing tracks etc.

He will then drop the level down in between songs or at the end for her to speak - otherwise it would be too loud. Also he'll probably roll back some of the reverb used during the song etc...so yes her "thanks" would sound different.

She was kind of singing live. In my opinion it was pre-recorded and she sang along during bits of it. Some of it is backing track, some of it is live. Some of the bits she mimed out of time, some she sang and it was noticeable.

Don't make me tune in again tomorrow on ITV2 to check out your preposterous theories sir. :D

Edit: Let's face it, I know f*ck all about cars. I've got to get something right!