The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Baby ran over by train and survives! Amazing.

Jake

Just watched the video, i certainly wouldn't blame the Mum. That slope is just ridiculous. She literally lets go for 1 second expecting the pram to go nowhere. She has probably done it 1000's of times and never had a problem.

I really feel for the train driver too, can't imagine what they went through.

Shocking video. The mother maybe should have been paying more attention. But if in the same situation would you think pulling up your trousers would lead to your pram rolling down the platform, let alone into the path of a train. These things do unfortunatly happen and so quickly to.

Im sure most parents could think of a time something has happened to their child when it could of been avoided, maybe not as serious as this but still.

Child - Train, Child - Train, Child - Train...!!

Errrr, I don't think I would have let go of the pram at that particular moment. For me, the mother is totally at fault....:blink: You know when you are in control of something ad when you aren't and not putting the brake on is just asking for trouble..!!

I have no doubt that she was horrified and traumatised by the experience but she is incredibly lucky to be able to tell the child about it in years to come...!!

H.

If they added a lip to platforms, I'm sure some spotty teenager would trip onto the tracks whilst texting an update to Bookface, and they'd have to be removed again. You just can't win when you're dealing with morons and/or people who are unaware of their surroundings.

It's still odd though, I can't think of a single platform I've been on in the UK thats isn't dead level, and there they seem to be using the same high level platforms that we have as opposed to the simpler low European ones.

They should be level because of the number of trolleys that are about in any station. Not saying she shouldn;t have been more aware, but it's highly unusual to have a slope towards the edge.

Different subject, but you know the bump pavements you get at pelican crossings and the like? Well I read, ages ago, that those semi-circular bumps denote a road edge, whereas there are different shaped bumps for a quayside or a rail platform.

Blind people must have thin soled shoes.