The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Baby ran over by train and survives! Amazing.

Jake

Just seen this on the news...

Heart-stopping CCTV footage of a six-month-old baby's miraculous escape when his pram was struck by a suburban train in Melbourne's east has been released.

The baby boy miraculously survived and was pulled off the tracks with only a bump to his head.

CCTV Video :

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/876261/cctv-footage-of-pram-hit-by-train-released

Surely it would make sense to pay attention when you are in charge of a pram... (viewed from the eyes of a train platform insurer j/k)

As a race we are pretty stupid when it comes to survival. Its been proven time and time again, our instincts and reaction times are totally shot compared to many moons ago.

The whole world has to be babyfied in order to keep us all alive. Shocking really but at least we get some good news stories like the above coming out of all the idiotic and braindead moments people have every day.

Surely it would make sense not to have a platform which slopes towards the tracks??!!

You would think so, even a very slight negative gradient would make all the difference.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Some kind of non slip water draining matting should do the job, or at least a 'lip' at the edge of the platform to stop that kind of thing.

She could have caught it if she tried! Her reactions were shocking! Well said Scott!

You are right, even the passengers who were near by could have lurched forward to grab a handle.

I think the mom was more interested in fixing her low batty then using the pram brakes.

As a race we are pretty stupid when it comes to survival. Its been proven time and time again, our instincts and reaction times are totally shot compared to many moons ago.

The whole world has to be babyfied in order to keep us all alive. Shocking really but at least we get some good news stories like the above coming out of all the idiotic and braindead moments people have every day.

Completely agree.

Natural selection.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Some kind of non slip water draining matting should do the job, or at least a 'lip' at the edge of the platform to stop that kind of thing.

If they added a lip to platforms, I'm sure some spotty teenager would trip onto the tracks whilst texting an update to Bookface, and they'd have to be removed again. You just can't win when you're dealing with morons and/or people who are unaware of their surroundings.

If they added a lip to platforms, I'm sure some spotty teenager would trip onto the tracks whilst texting an update to Bookface, and they'd have to be removed again. You just can't win when you're dealing with morons and/or people who are unaware of their surroundings.

Again, natural selection :)

Regardless of peoples reactions, sense of duty, responsibility, etc., this kind of stuff has been happening forEVER. It is not a new phenomenon. It is only because of media attention and internet social sites like youtube and this here forum that people are more aware of it.

I'm sure I've done loads of things where I have left my son at risk of a 1 in a million accident. I'm sure my parents did the same with me. I'm sure ALL parents do EVERYWHERE. This one was just unlucky that hers happened to get caught on camera and uploaded to the internet!

Everyone takes risks with both their own lives and others. Occasionaly people get unlucky......

This country really isn't massively different from how it was 50 years ago - we're just more aware of it these days. It's only because people have been cajoled into being more "PC" or "socially aware" that they delight in getting upset by such things and enjoy being outraged.

Regardless of peoples reactions, sense of duty, responsibility, etc., this kind of stuff has been happening forEVER. It is not a new phenomenon. It is only because of media attention and internet social sites like youtube and this here forum that people are more aware of it.

I'm sure I've done loads of things where I have left my son at risk of a 1 in a million accident. I'm sure my parents did the same with me. I'm sure ALL parents do EVERYWHERE. This one was just unlucky that hers happened to get caught on camera and uploaded to the internet!

Everyone takes risks with both their own lives and others. Occasionaly people get unlucky......

This country really isn't massively different from how it was 50 years ago - we're just more aware of it these days. It's only because people have been cajoled into being more "PC" or "socially aware" that they delight in getting upset by such things and enjoy being outraged.

The voice of reason!