The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stolen recovered ?

TRACIE_LOU

Hey look its bad enough that i had to sell the supra and resorting to buying a dinky toy!.. The c2 is the only one i have seen that looks half way decent:p

We used the text service advertised on tv, but the dealer that has the car said he done a full £40 hpi and it came back clear... kinda put me off and that its silver!... not sure if i should be overly worried or not

I've never seen an issue buying a stolen car, not that I've done it but as long as it's not been smashed/thrashed in a police chase what's the problem.

It will be an issue if she takes it in to the Garage and they find all the numbers dont match VIN/Liscense etc. If it comes up as stolen she'll lose the car and the money she paid for it.

It will be an issue if she takes it in to the Garage and they find all the numbers dont match VIN/Liscense etc. If it comes up as stolen she'll lose the car and the money she paid for it.

From what i gather it was recovered by police, maybe daft question but surely they would check car that all was correct and matched??

Sorry, my first post was after your first, you must have typed up your second while I was typing.

If it was just a case of stolen recovery, get a mechanic to give it a going over. But by the sound of it the Dealer comes with Denis Waterman to watch his back.

My Golf was a stolen recovered and had no problems with it being a stolen recovered. the only problem i had was when the plod turned up wanting to take it for forensic checks as the previous owner was suspected of drug dealing, kidnap and murder.

I used to work with a bloke who's father-in-law had a salvage yard and bought and sold stolen / recovereds. If it's been missing for 2 weeks the insurance will pay out and list it as S/R and sometimes people don't want them back after they've been nicked. I'm just a tight arse though and like things cheaper so i'd buy another S/R again.

Also worth seeing if it shows when it was stolen and recovered.. should tell you a bit about whether its only just been done, or like my 12 year old Golf, was stolen 6 months after rolling of the production line.

Ditch the french crap and look at something like a corolla GTI, AE111 - rwd too and look quite smart, audi A3 etc.

The old french stuff is not as bad as it is now but thats why you see them so cheap.

Are they small? very cheap insurance? cheap to run? and cheap to buy as that is what i have to go for right now:(

A standard corolla i think uses the 1.3 engine thats bullet prrof, cheap to run, tax, insure etc. GTI is 1.6 in the older models. Audi do a 1.4 A3 but i'd imagine thats gutless.

Also consider A vw polo, lupo. Just make sure the gearbox feels ok as they do like to eat them (typical vw though)

A standard corolla i think uses the 1.3 engine thats bullet prrof, cheap to run, tax, insure etc. GTI is 1.6 in the older models. Audi do a 1.4 A3 but i'd imagine thats gutless.

Also consider A vw polo, lupo. Just make sure the gearbox feels ok as they do like to eat them (typical vw though)

Oh see this is my problem i have NO IDEA whats out there to buy 1.3 is ideal but if 1.6 came up and running costs not much diff then that'd be cool... the c2 vts was 1.6.....

C2s are bad news.

Are they really? am glad i posted this thread now.. looks like i got a lot of searching to do:D

Its got to look half way decent/funky!... :D