The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD Chromed Strut

Guest Rays the roof

Guest Rays the roof

Been investigating this and just waiting for final quote off chromers tomorrow, but am looking to do a group buy of the TRD strut with optional chroming, which involves removing the powder coat, polishing the strut and then chroming.

Need a minimum of 10 to make it viable, due to the strength (or should I say weakness of the £ vs $).

Note:

1. On NA you need to fit spacers, which I have done;

2. On the stock TT UK SPEC bonnet you will need to modify the metal intake that directs air to the back of the engine;

3. It does not fit with a Do-luck bonnet;

4. Strut takes 10 minutes to fit. All you need is a 14mm spanner and wrench.

Approximate prices:

A. Standard powder coated strut (not chromed) - £190

picture.php?albumid=261&pictureid=1882

B. Chromed Strut - £280!!

picture.php?albumid=261&pictureid=1878

picture.php?albumid=261&pictureid=1884

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE POST OR PM ME!!

Ramondo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this strut with a uk spec scoop. The bit you need to modify is the metal intake that directs the air to the back of the engine.

Needs about 2 inches cutt off the back of it with an angle grinder and its job done.

I bet that looks rather tasty in the flesh.

Guest Rays the roof
I have this strut with a uk spec scoop. The but you need to modify is the metal intake that directs the air to the back of the engine.

Needs about 2 inches cutt off the back of it with an angle grinder and its job done.

I bet that looks rather tasty in the flesh.

Cheers for info Scott ;)

Yes it is tastier than Kylie Minogue in the flesh:).I have chromed one I bought about 3 years ago and it is still me best bit of engine dress....

Guest Rays the roof
how about the rear bars? id be interested in one of those as I already have a front one!

Would have to look into that one... ;)

Do you have a link or details of what you are interested in and if chromed or not!

Guest Rays the roof

Think I have managed to secure 10 of these at a MASSIVE discount.

If so, prices will be:

Unchromed: £190

Chromed: £280

Will know tomorrow.... Ramondo

Guest Rays the roof
m8 what is the shipping for one of these to Denmark? just standard without chrome..

Shipping to Denmark is approximately £20 - £30. ;)

Guest Rays the roof
Does anyone know if this will interfere witht eh Tein EDFC units?? Has anyone done this??

Hi matey

Did research on here and you need to make an adjustment. Put TRD strut in engine search and take a look. Doesn't sound terminal to me :innocent:

Ray

Guest Rays the roof

1 - rick001 (fully chromed) £280

2 - Hodge Chromed Odviously lol :p

3 - Kev.O Chromed £280

4 - Ricky49 Chromed

5 - Chao's Chromed

I just need to confirm what import duty and VAT costs will be before pushing 'go go go' button.

For info will be looking for cash in 1 - 2 weeks time for delivery late Nov.

2 weeks to get parts here and stripped of powdercoat, 1 week polish and chrome and 1 more to pack and it arrives on your doorstep ;)