The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nokia N96 problems switching on

hoff

Just having some issues with my N96. I went to look at a picture and it told me that I had corrupt files. I proceeded and saw that all pics were there but were not available to view. I then tried to view a video on it from Japshow which seemed to be available. The phone went so slowly and nothing really happened.

So I turned it off. Now when I go to switch it back on, it vibrates as usual, the light around the toggle comes on too. But rather than flashing it stays on and then the phone is frozen. No light, no nokia jingle. The phone is definately off as it goes to answer phone when calling it.

I have taken the battery out, etc, but it just repeats the same as the above. I connected the charger and though it beeps I get nothing on screen still.

So my phone wont come on. Does anybody know whats up with it and can it be fixed? I'm on contract (got another 8 months) but didn't bother with insurance so doesn't look good.

Oh dear tony had exactly that couple months ago its fooked!!... if your lucky enough and is under 12months nokia repair it for free, takes upto 28 days tho, they replaced all the internals on his,

Balls. Back to carphone wharehouse it goes at the weekend. 28 days is a real PITA.

The other thing is that when it said about the corrupt files it showed all 198 pics but when I tried to go back it only said there was 20.