The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The OFFICIAL Flashforward thread *with spoilers*

tbourner

There was a clip in the 'previously' bit that showed him with a few laptop screens in front of him - as if we'd seen something interesting.

Wasnt that the guy in the building with all the tech stuff that he escaped from and exploded, thats where the burnt doll came from as it was an old toy/doll factory :search:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasnt that the guy in the building with all the tech stuff that he escaped from and exploded, thats where the burnt doll came from as it was an old toy/doll factory :search:

I don't know cos work are blocking streaming video so I can't check on demandfive. :rolleyes:

I'm still stuck on the whole idea of not reacting to it. Nobody in any flashforward showed any knowledge of what was happening, so at the time of the blackout the flash they saw was the future as it would be just before the BO. Since then it's changed so it proves (again) that it can be changed.

I've been thinking about this; the moment just before the blackout there would have been a future set for 6 months time - that's what the flashforward showed. As soon as it was over it had changed purely because they'd seen it, so almost none of the flashforwards would come true precisely. But if that were true then Bryce would have seen nothing because he was about to kill himself. So it's all wrong and paradoxical and can't work.

There was a clip in the 'previously' bit that showed him with a few laptop screens in front of him - as if we'd seen something interesting.

Ahh yes that right, forgot that and the Persian lady did say he was in the doll factory, but it was in this episode that we see his face properly and it matches the FBI sketch.

Or... in the future, are they seeing themselves as the 'changed' version of themselves, ie. the ill surgeon guy and the Japanese girl. Both of them were changing their present (learning Japanese and the guitar), in readiness for this supposed future?

Maybe it's just separate stories on how ordinary people could react if they were shown their near futures too; either doing something about it, or changing things. Or in the case of the ones that didn't see anything, a whole new outlook on life, as they may have brought on their own deaths prematurely, because that's what they have 'seen' will happen, etc.

It's all a load of twaddle really, but enjoyable. :)

Or... in the future, are they seeing themselves as the 'changed' version of themselves, ie. the ill surgeon guy and the Japanese girl. Both of them were changing their present (learning Japanese and the guitar), in readiness for this supposed future?

Yes that would be the most logical answer, but I just can't get over the idea that people are all going about their business in the flash rather than commenting that it was happening - it'd be the biggest dejavu EVER yet everyone is just doing normal stuff as if they didn't know it was coming, so I can't see how it's a future involving knowledge of that future.

The biggest double-take ever, and surely they'd be looking into the camera too, just like Eddie Murphy would or something! 'I just cannot believe I'm experiencing this (again)!' kinda thing!

The more you think about it, the more unlikely the foretold future would happen. I'd be waiting for that moment so much, that I'd probably end up doing something else to prepare and miss it!

Maybe, just maybe, everybody in the world gets flashed with a device that blanks your memory. Like in Men in Black. The people that actually created the black out might do this to make people forget they caused it and get them out of the cr#p and thats the reason why they're not reacting when it actually happens - because they can't remember seeing it in the first place?

http://gadgetophilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/t10neuralizer.jpg

At the end of the day you're not going to know until the whole story ends.

after this weeks episode me and the GF are going with the 'they saw themselves in the future but in a parralel universe' which would have been true if they had decided not to do certain things from previous episodes. like kill yaself, chuck away knickers and things.

after this weeks episode me and the GF are going with the 'they saw themselves in the future but in a parralel universe' which would have been true if they had decided not to do certain things from previous episodes. like kill yaself, chuck away knickers and things.

I think after the last episode you might not be that far from the answer.

I think after the last episode you might not be that far from the answer.

Agreed, didnt the scientist talk about parallel universes and alternate lives etc, ie the doc didnt follow her hubby and stayed and went to Uni, then possibly meeting the scientist which would explain why they were together.

• 3 months later...