The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The OFFICIAL Flashforward thread *with spoilers*

tbourner

Okay... Now I am confused. :blink:

What was with the bluehand men and why were there dead people with blue hands on the floor of that house?

I got lost somewhere along the line.

I understand they found the blue hand on that guys body and then followed the signs to the house but that's it???

I thought it was pretty good when the kid left the hospital and went straight to the house.

I'm with you, I wasn't really giving it my full attention this week but I thought it was a bit random :search:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're following the idea of adding more questions than they answer each week.

We found out it was Lloyd and Simon who did the experiment that caused it though (or they think they did), and with Simon being a scientist dude and talking about quantum mechanics to that woman I'm guessing it'll be something to do with quantum theory.

I think they're following the idea of adding more questions than they answer each week.

We found out it was Lloyd and Simon who did the experiment that caused it though (or they think they did), and with Simon being a scientist dude and talking about quantum mechanics to that woman I'm guessing it'll be something to do with quantum theory.

Pfft that Simon chap needs to improve his skills, I've been using that chat up line for ages :D

Well how about that then! Al took a dive for the team!!

Wasn't expecting that! Me and the OH just sat there, stunned. That the future can be changed certainly adds a new twist.

Good episode at just the right time. We were getting a bit bored of it TBH. That might have something to do with a two week binge of Lost S5 though. Quality telly that.

Probably :D Sure I've read somewhere that the writers have a plan to limit it to three seasons max.

I read that there were 35 episodes in total.

Jack Davenport has apparently said that he's got a 5 year contract for his part in Flashforward.

Wasn't expecting that! Me and the OH just sat there, stunned. That the future can be changed certainly adds a new twist.

I've got a theory on that.... He's got an identical cloned twin that he didn't know about, and it's the twin who will be in the other woman's flash forward, and the one who killed himself just shared his vision.

Well come on, it's no more ridiculous than some of the Lost story lines.

The show is getting really old really fast for me. I don't know what it is with the modern shows but it is as if the writers have lost creativity.

This show, for example, is like a 2-3 hour movie that has been stretched into a series. Each 45 min episode could easily be condensed into 10 mins of relevance rather than the 10 mins of what happened last week intro, 1 min of what happened before the break (each break) and the 20 mins of weak fill in plot with numb acting.

I'm hooked to the true plot though so I'm stuck watching the dross that goes with it week after week. Other examples include Prison Break & 24, both are exactly the same.

Hmm and the 'baddies' are British. Nice one. ;)

Meh, us Scots are used to it. We have been the baddies in every English soap since the beginning of time ;)

The accent is allegedly intimidating and menacing.

The Scottish guy that got kicked out of the xfactor just encompasses all of that :blink:

I am still hooked on the show. It's easy on the eye as it doesn't really matter if you miss some of it as it doesnt really make sense anyway.. lol..

A good episode last night. At least we found out about the blue-hand man.

The main question is.... Does the pigeon die????

Like I said before surely it's changed anyway because they've seen it?

Is it Heisenberg or Schroedinger or someone who said that measuring something changes the value of it making the measurement useless? I know that was quantum theory but maybe there's a Heisenberg equivalent temporal uncertainty principle!!

Basically if you saw a flashforward, what would you be doing on the morning of the day you saw? Would you be thinking of anything else other than that time arriving? You may be trying to make it happen but there sure as hell would be plenty of people making sure they were nowhere near that place at that time!! It's pretty obvious that it's changeable unless there's some hidden force (like the Lost fate thing) forcing you into place or otherwise forcing something as similar as possible to happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see the programme after it? Supposedly explaining everything that's going on but in actual fact explained bollock-all.

I'm still stuck on the whole idea of not reacting to it. Nobody in any flashforward showed any knowledge of what was happening, so at the time of the blackout the flash they saw was the future as it would be just before the BO. Since then it's changed so it proves (again) that it can be changed. But this was all obvious from the first moment after the BO so why are they still asking the question!

That 'physicist' bloke on the after show was an idiot as well, did they just get some year6 science teacher to go on there or something!

People seem to get confused with determinism and predeterminism, the latter being a devine creation whereby fate has already decided the future, the former being the idea that nothing is truely random and therefore the future is 100% predictable to the final moment of being - Quantum physics is the fly in that ointment, but I'm sure that's just because we don't have the knowledge/data to predict quantum stuff.

What a great episode it was last night!

Best bit was finding out that our LOST guy's idea that he came up with in 92 was infact being built in 91!

Bloody LOST writers love time travel don't they :( Is it going to be a bad thing this time though? Paradox galore.