The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The OFFICIAL Flashforward thread *with spoilers*

tbourner

I'm loving it so far, so thought it needed a thread to discuss various things that will confuse and annoy as they're bound to do in the coming episodes!!

My thoughts and questions so far:

How come Dylan recognised Olivia by face, and knew her name? He must have seen her in the flash! Yet Charlie knew Dylan from the flash but not Lloyd, and Lloyd was at Olivias house, so Olivia can't have been with Dylan?

Maybe Dylan saw a picture, either from Charlie or someone else, I'm guessing Charlie was in bad times during the flash because she said there are no more good days, and D. Gibbons is a bad man!! Has she been kidnapped? With Dylan? Why is Olivia and Lloyd not bothered? Maybe they don't know, maybe it was the babysitters boyfriend, maybe he's suspect 1!?!?

WTF don't they just ask Charlie what she saw, and where she was? And why doesn't Mark tell Olivia that he's drinking in the flash? She's convinced she's not gonna run off with Lloyd so it shouldn't be a problem being open about it.

Now we're just waiting for Dylan to tell his dad that Olivia is his new mum in the flash (or something), and also for Charlie to ask where the friendship bracelet is and make him a new one!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like thinking about the paradox-y side of things, like people doing things BECAUSE they saw it in the vision, like setting up the story board on the wall. It's very cyclical.

Ooh self perpetuating prophesies!!

I'd be trying NOT to make it happen all the time, like I'd stick things up on the wall in a place I knew was different to where I saw it.

So far Mark has burnt the bracelet and he didn't ask the photographer for the picture of the doll for some reason, so I guess he's trying to prove it can be changed.

Here's a thing.

Cupcake lady saw a future in which she referred to Benford and Noh during a telephone conversation. That was on April 29th 2010.

However, that lady who contacts Noh about his Mosaic post says that he is murdered on March 15th 2010.

What does that mean for DeeDee 'cupcake' Gibbons? Was she not aware of Noh being dead or did it not happen in her FF?

What does that mean for DeeDee 'cupcake' Gibbons? Was she not aware of Noh being dead or did it not happen in her FF?

Even worse, why is she still arguing about a stolen identity case with her credit card company after 6 months!! Surely they'd have cancelled her card by then?

Good point! This whole thing is so unrealistic! I'm not going to watch it any more!

;) :D

Less of the sarcasm! They want us to ask in depth questions and work out all possible answers:

FlashForward may be the next big mainstream show to develop a fanbase as loyal and as zealous as that of J.J. Abram's Lost.

However, as with Lost, the creators of the show are asking viewers to put in a little bit of work to pull out the most value possible from the show. FlashForward looks to be a multi-layered show, and one that viewers who don't keep up will have a problem staying with.

Anyone watch episode 3?

I'm still wondering what happened to Demetri and whether he actually blacked out or not (he was an awful long way from the car by the time Mark found him). Did he just guess that his missus was in a white dress and barefoot? He seemed truely upset by the phonecall so maybe he's not 'in on it' at all.

Also, that bit at the end, was that seeing what happened in the 90s or was that now? I guessed it was a small scale test type thing they did ages ago. What was the last shot? Something in the sky I didn't get what it was we were supposed to see (other than no more crows).

I thought it was a bit strange at first that he knew she was wearing a white dress and no shows but he did say that it was just as she had described it to him.

I am not sure about the ending. I just saw a big chimney and thought it had something to do with that?

Also, that bit at the end, was that seeing what happened in the 90s or was that now?

Yes that was a flashback to 1991.

What was the last shot? Something in the sky I didn't get what it was we were supposed to see (other than no more crows).

It's smoke billowing out. (IMO maybe some sort of nerve agent)

Edit: So why wasn't that kid affected? Must have been a very short range 'test'.

Yep probably. Maybe the kid's got an immunity like the stadium guy (unless he involved).

It hasn't been said if the animals blacked out too apart from the crows who seem to die.

One beef I had with the episode was the Nazi supposedly having 'two' blackouts, 1-the meeting the customs guy and 2-seeing the crows. Did I miss something? :think: