The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift SZ-R [Scotland]

jonathanc

Hi all,

I am looking for a face lifted SZ-R Manual or Auto preferbly near where I am for test driving purposes etc.

I prefer a Supra that is not too heavily modified for insurance purposes.

The budget for spending on this car is around £5k.

I would also consider other cars around this price but the main condition is that its nearby so its easier for me to test drive and it should be a post 96 model. Would consider pre face lift models if its mint :D

Thanks for reading!

Well, after thinking about it, I will consider Sups from elsewhere as well. The main condition amongst others though is that there's no squeaks and rattles in the interior. My previous car was brilliant but it squeaked and rattled every chance it gets even on smooth surfaces so thats a no go :(

If the car is right and everything looks in place, I might pay the owner in cash and maybe compensate for delivering the car to me if somehow required. Looking for a car by latest end of October!

there is a meet in Perth tomorrow if you want to go and speak to some owners. i dont think there is too much difference in running costs neither will be cheap :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=190187

Aye noticed that too. My wife is not feeling well and I have to look after kids so I don't really think I can make it unfortunately :(

Thanks for all the replies though. Hoping to find my dream Sup soon since I am genuinely interested to buy one!

Mind and don't be put off by a squeak or rattle from the rear, the boot rubbers get worn out over time and you don't want to rule out a good car because of a £20 fix ;)

Aye, I understand that. After all its a 10+ year old car ;)

I just don't want something like what I had in my MR2. The squeaks and rattles comes from every nook and corner lol :D But to be fair its 15 years old and its also a T top.

However I am a little bit surprised theres not too many offers though. Is my advert too limiting? Not very good at this so any advice welcomed.

Or perhaps everyone loves their Sup too much to sell her hehe.:D

The SZ-Rs seem to be quite a rare breed. I had always assumed that they where fairly common, but there are very few on the market at the moment.

Good luck with the search.

True, there doesnt seem to be many of them about. I struggled to find good info on them when I was first looking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.