The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new games console

drift_bear

I cant believe this debate has started again :D

But i might as well add my piece!!

Ive never owned a PS3 however i have played alot on them as a lot of friends have them and they are a great console but i personally have an xbox and ive had it since they came out and "touch wood" ive never had any issues with it at all!!

The online gaming is superb and yes you do have to pay for it but its not a lot of money, and if you use it online you will get regular updates for your console much like the PS3 which i feel keeps it up to date and has kept mine working fine for all these years! ;)

Although i am considering trading my old console in and getting the new one................................................................... but it will only be for the 250gb Xbox they are launching instead :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again........... PS3s break down, 'Yellow light of death' Hmmmm.

Less than 0.5% of PS3's get the Yellow light of death... What percentage of Xbox's get the RROD? Wasn't it something like 40%? I keep hearing of how this isn't a problem with newer xbox's, but a guy at work's month old xbox has just died.

You'll find most xbox owners say "online gaming is better!!1!", well, they have to pay for online gaming so it must be better right?

I've had both, for me the PS3 swings it. From a purely gaming point of view they're pretty similar, and it'll probably come down to which exclusive titles you want to own.

No it isn't.

Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. :tongue:

I love the look of these consoles and their games. Trouble is, I'm a bit too thick to play them and would probably give up after a short while. Nothing makes you feel worse than trying to get to the next level - after months and months.

(as an example I tried that penguin bashing game on here...how do those people hit it that far? I think you see the problem)

So, I just can't quite justify the expense, when knowing exitement would be short lived, followed by inevitable fail-depression and consumed with guilt about time and money wasted. Dear Games Doctor - can you help?

Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. Is. :tongue:

Isn't.

Ive played both but i love online gaming so its the xbox for me.

The time i realised the xbox was better was when one of my tightest mates has both and paid for the online gaming on the xbox because the gaming was better with friends, he said he liked the controllers on PS3 more, but what difference does that make if we are all playing together and he cant.

He also said he cant tell any difference in the graphics, to him they look near enough identical. I couldnt either unless i was trying to spot things!

Thats the thing though, as gaming consoles they are very closely matched. The potential of the PS3 isn't being used to its fullest so they are pretty much on par.

My reason for choosing the PS3 has nothing to do with the games. Mediacenter & blu-ray swings that for me.

As already said, if its purely for gaming go with the machine paired with the titles you want to play. There isn't enough of a difference in the online experience for it to be an argument. The argument comes when you find out what console your mates have. Its pointless if you have a PS3 and they have XBox's and vice versa.

Thats the thing though, as gaming consoles they are very closely matched. The potential of the PS3 isn't being used to its fullest so they are pretty much on par.

My reason for choosing the PS3 has nothing to do with the games. Mediacenter & blu-ray swings that for me.

As already said, if its purely for gaming go with the machine paired with the titles you want to play. There isn't enough of a difference in the online experience for it to be an argument. The argument comes when you find out what console your mates have. Its pointless if you have a PS3 and they have XBox's and vice versa.

Thats quite a fair comment coming from a PS3 owner :D

You just need to ask 1 question: -

Question 1:

Do you play online alot?

1.YES

2.NO

If you answered "Yes" to question number 1 - Get a 360

If you answered "No" to question number 1 - Get a PS3

Graphics quality is a bit of an out-dated concept these days. They are all much the same, and it's all about gameplay now.

I work for the biggest games company on the planet, and 90% of the people here swear by the 360 as the better gaming platform (both for playing on, and certainly for developing/support). The PS3 is a very good piece of kit though and you wouldn't be disappointed with either. As some others have said, take a look at the software on both platforms, and see what would be the 'killer apps' for you.

Cheers, J

I love the look of these consoles and their games. Trouble is, I'm a bit too thick to play them and would probably give up after a short while. Nothing makes you feel worse than trying to get to the next level - after months and months.

So, I just can't quite justify the expense, when knowing exitement would be short lived, followed by inevitable fail-depression and consumed with guilt about time and money wasted. Dear Games Doctor - can you help?

This is easy.

You are slap-bang in the middle of the Nintendo demographic.

Get a Wii!

Or just have a wee.

Or a weevil.

Or just go "wheeeeeeeeee"!

This is easy.

You are slap-bang in the middle of the Nintendo demographic.

Get a Wii!

Or just have a wee.

Or a weevil.

Or just go "wheeeeeeeeee"!

all ready got the wii and now a 360 elite, havnt stopped playin it since this morning lol. call of duty is to addictive!

I play online a lot, it depends what games you play. I play Battlefield 1943 and it works flawlessly pretty much all the time.

Sure the community side of things on the X-Box is far better than the PS3 as its paid for, not free, plus there are more users, but that doesnt mean to say the PS3 online gaming experience isnt good, it is, its just not as good as the X-Boxes, but it is free.

If I remember right, the recorded failure rate for the X-Box 360 was 52-54%, PS3 was something like 8%... and the whole point about that poor quality is they rushed to get out the x-box so they could have the first next gen console to steal the market, which they did, while Sony was plodding trying to cram as much tech into the PS3 as they could.