Owning an E Type Jag

tooquicktostop

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are ok, dont excite me that much though, I think too many of my teachers had them when I was at school :D

I'm still trying to persuade my dad to let me make a minor mod to his. (Not pun intended with the minor bit, I'd love to stick a bike engine in it, but my dad has a dislike for things Japanese) :)

A mate of mine is thinking of selling this at the moment :D

http://www.rs200.org/images/Castle_Combe_2005/from_Klaus/Picture%20138.jpg

http://www.rs200.org/images/Castle_Combe_2005/from_Klaus/Picture%20131.jpg

He's the only owner from new, under 15000 miles, FSH. It's one of only 3 red ones with factory fitted air con.

It's one of the most mental cars I've ever been in.

I have a few friends who have owned stags. Superb cars but they all required a lot of love to keep them coming.

Investment wise I think the E Type would be a good move but I suspect that they will be very expensive to get a good one.

I too think the Lotus Esprit Turbo would be a good move investment wise.

He's the only owner from new, under 15000 miles, FSH. It's one of only 3 red ones with factory fitted air con.

It's one of the most mental cars I've ever been in.

Buy this! Buy this! :D

The RS200 is my dream car. I'd have this in a heartbeat if I could afford it, but I hate to think how much a low-miler would fetch these days.

They have some really horror stories, they have not aged well either IMO, poor interior also

Bare in mind they are hand built kit cars and not mass produced. The early ones did have issues which in later models were sorted but most didnt bother and the issues (mainly chassis corrosion and weak early 4.2 cranks) were passed onto the next owner. Like all things you'll never hear the good stories, only the bad. However there is a member who has clocked 88k on his original engine/chassis with only the basic servicing done. There are very few Tivs out there with reliability issues, as most owners/enthusiasts have improved/upgraded them over the years.

Build quality i agree isnt the greatest but i think the Cerb has one of the most beautiful interiors of any car,all IMHO of course. The AJP with its flat plane crank is a race derived engine and an awesome one at that. Ive done a euro trip in mine, been round the 'ring and back again all without any drama or breakdowns!!

Bare in mind they are hand built kit cars and not mass produced. The early ones did have issues which in later models were sorted but most didnt bother and the issues (mainly chassis corrosion and weak early 4.2 cranks) were passed onto the next owner. Like all things you'll never hear the good stories, only the bad. However there is a member who has clocked 88k on his original engine/chassis with only the basic servicing done. There are very few Tivs out there with reliability issues, as most owners/enthusiasts have improved/upgraded them over the years.

Build quality i agree isnt the greatest but i think the Cerb has one of the most beautiful interiors of any car,all IMHO of course. The AJP with its flat plane crank is a race derived engine and an awesome one at that. Ive done a euro trip in mine, been round the 'ring and back again all without any drama or breakdowns!!

I was talking about the Esprit :D

The TVR interior is very nice, very unique

My TVR broke down a lot, just my opinion, yours maybe perfect, I just dont fancy one again, to "shouty"

Mate check out the porsche 965 turbo, i went out in a black 1991 3.3 turbo yesterday and was shocked how good it was, 400bhp and went much faster than i expected, such a nice car and far better than the 996 imo.

Its the old school looking type out of badboys, i wanted to buy it yesterday but the guy has took a deposit from some guy in germany coming over on friday, im just hoping he dont buy it for some reason and i will snap it up.

Mate check out the porsche 965 turbo, i went out in a black 1991 3.3 turbo yesterday and was shocked how good it was, 400bhp and went much faster than i expected, such a nice car and far better than the 996 imo.

Its the old school looking type out of badboys, i wanted to buy it yesterday but the guy has took a deposit from some guy in germany coming over on friday, im just hoping he dont buy it for some reason and i will snap it up.

They don't make 400bhp stock.

If you really want your asset to appreciate - try and find a RHD 3.6. Pretty rare, and they will certainly appreciate.

If you really want your asset to appreciate - try and find a RHD 3.6. Pretty rare, and they will certainly appreciate.

381 is close !!

I have owned a 1989 911 Targa, not the same I know but just never liked the way they put the power down and how twitchy they are

fussy bugger I know, and yes I have owned a few cars !!

It was running 0.9bar, he showed my the dyno dynamics sheet.

This guy has owned it for 10 years and it was spotless, id be honored to own it:)

381 is close !!

I have owned a 1989 911 Targa, not the same I know but just never liked the way they put the power down and how twitchy they are

fussy bugger I know, and yes I have owned a few cars !!

I don't think they make 381 either. The 3.6s did - I'm pretty sure the 3.3s were less than that.

Buy this! Buy this! :D

The RS200 is my dream car. I'd have this in a heartbeat if I could afford it, but I hate to think how much a low-miler would fetch these days.

The figure my mate was throwing round for his was about £60k IIRC. It's absolutely mint mint minty mint too.

Have to agree on the 964 Turbo 3.6.

It is THE Porsche to get - the last turbo'd RWD in the 911 range, IIRC.

Someone more knowledgable than I may also remember - I think there was also a special edition twin-turbo version produced around the same time? Not sure if many (or, indeed, any???) were actually made, tho?

Someone more knowledgable than I may also remember - I think there was also a special edition twin-turbo version produced around the same time? Not sure if many (or, indeed, any???) were actually made, tho?

I love em but 3.6 is mega money and well into new R35 GTR money, i think id rather the R35 if i was to spend that sort of dosh, i already have one old car, i was supprised how cheap you can get 996 turbos for now, few around under 25k.

Are you sure you're not talking about the 959? That was twin turbo, but actually came before the 964 turbo (965). It's also probably not within budget - nice though!