Owning an E Type Jag

tooquicktostop

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love em but 3.6 is mega money and well into new R35 GTR money, i think id rather the R35 if i was to spend that sort of dosh, i already have one old car, i was supprised how cheap you can get 996 turbos for now, few around under 25k.

The 3.6 would still go up in value though - the GTR would go down. If I thought I could find a good black / black RHD 3.6, I'd have one.

I think 964 turbo (3.3 or 3.6) is quite a different car to a 996 turbo - I think for most people, they'd serve different purposes.

Are you sure you're not talking about the 959? That was twin turbo, but actually came before the 964 turbo (965). It's also probably not within budget - nice though!

Very possibly - just had a quick look. Although it looks like the 959 was AWD, and I thought I recalled a RWD twin turbo model. Might just be my dodgy memory, of course - and I'm certainly no expert on Porshces! :(

EDIT: You're right - the 959 was their supposed "rally" car - that's the one I was thinking of.

That's not a 3.6 - a 92 is too early. I guess the fact that it's an "S" and such low mileage is why the price is so high, but that's silly money. Last time I looked, even 3.6's were only in the £50k region.

Ahh i see, 3.6 wheels? what year did the 3.6 come out on?