Chris Wilson

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought you liked the red one?

I forgot it was the red one you brought to Llandow last year, I reckon it's because the picture you posted up were in its bare CF, before it was painted. remind me which engine is in which - and why the black one this weekend and the red one at LLandow?

I'll be spectating/maybe 2nd driver-ing in AlexM's track NA, so shout if you need a lackky. ;)

Have you had any luck finding a communal camping spot cheap hotel yet Steve? It's getting nearer.. :)

All - I'll look for hotels now. What sort of time to people reckon they'l be there on Saturday? Does anyone want to come & drive a few of my fave North Wales roads on the Saturday afternoon?

Sorry Steve, I have confused things / you. It's the same bare carbon one you saw at Llandow, the red one is still in bits :) The red one had a 1600 Toyota 4A-GE Formula Atlantic lump in it, now being turbo charged. I had it in mind that was the one you took a shine to at Donington where the videon was taken, but I think I am confused (again...) :) Engine in the black one coming to Anglesey is the same 210 BHP Opel 2 litre 4 pot as at Landow, just a hundred or so laps older. It will be being painted over the winter, as it's now looking rather scruffy. We'll see you there, God willing :)

Aha! No I've not seen you or indeed any of our club members in action at Donington - yet.

I've read your engine build stuff though for the other Zeus - crack on, I want to see that in action as well! :D

£50 Travelodge could be an option for the night before. It's little further into nowhere (Anglesey) than we need to go, but feel free to suggest other options. I'm sorry I've not been about much to sort anything, but I've not. lol

I thought the road tour was part of the Saturday plan? I've taken the Friday off so I can make sure the car is ready, but as ever I'd prefer not to get up too early on Saturday. :D

It was - but only 1~2 people showed an interest. To be fair I don't mind as this weekend was kinda thrown at me with relatively short notice and I've not been able to sort the big deal I wanted to do.

I'd rather do the full trip I planned, properly, next year. At least then my Supe will be back on the road! But - for this weekend I'll be driving up past a lot of my fave bits of Wales and can happily point like minded others :eyebrows: at them on our way up to the overnight stay ahead of the track day? Consider it a mini dress rehersal. ;)

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Chris and I are planning to come up, but just with one car this time as it's such a long way for us and our cars have been busy of late. Might consider sharing one of those spare places on the track on Sunday if they're still around...

Might be nice to join in for the drive up on Saturday to enjoy a bit of scenery. Not sure how/where we could meet you though.

Might be nice to join in for the drive up on Saturday to enjoy a bit of scenery. Not sure how/where we could meet you though.

Would you guys like to head to mine & Kate's (near Worcester) and stay here on Friday (or head up early Saturday)? Alex could start here too if he liked. I'll be in the diesel pug so even with my local knowledge, I doubt anyone will have issues keeping up. ;)

Guys, there is a Travel Lodge on the A55 by Bangor, just before the bridge into Anglesey. Easier to stay there rather than get lost on the Island :D

Ahhhh just seen the place you mentioned Steve. Suppose that one's better for you guys :p

I'm easy TBH. :)

Would you guys like to head to mine & Kate's (near Worcester) and stay here on Friday (or head up early Saturday)? Alex could start here too if he liked. I'll be in the diesel pug so even with my local knowledge, I doubt anyone will have issues keeping up. ;)

Thanks for the offer, Steve. :)

Sounds like a good plan to meet at yours if we can. Please could you PM me your address so we can find you? Also, what time are you going to want to leave on Saturday, as I suppose that would determine when we came up.

I'll get on and book that Travelodge now too...

Alex - I've just thought you might want to stay over too. You'd be relegated to settee camping though, there is only 1 spare room/bed I'm afraid.

PM with my address in its way Jo.

As to what time we want to leave mine Saturday AM - I'd say we work backwards from getting to the TL for late afternoon/early evening?

I'd like to get there, drop the bags and have time to potter about to find somewhere in time for tea about 6ish? Daniel will be with me & Kate you see. So the question is, how much of the more fun bits of road do I, you & Chris and Alex want to take in along the way? :)

I'd suggest it's a steady ~4 hour drive from mine, plus distractions like fuel stops/breaks from driving/lunch and plus diversions to take in the fun roads. Maybe leave mine mid/late morning?