The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I got a job!

Guigsy

ok. bit of back story.

I met my current fiance on the web a few years ago. She lives in florida and i visited her a few times. Then this time last year i decided i had had enough of my job. i didnt dislike it, i was just getting fed up. The job market was stable as was everything else. so i decided to leave my job, spend 3 months in florida with her and then she would come back to england for 6 months (the max the tourist visa's would allow.)

While i was in the usa everything went tits up with jobs and banks and things. Fortunately i had savings. So allthough everything wasnt great it was ok. We returned to the uk and looked into getting married so she can settle in the uk. To be able to get the visa i have to show i can support her for a year without having to claim off the state etc. Because she is from a non comenwealth/european country the rules are much stricter. I have to show i kow here. have spent time with her. Prove we have been together. It envolves bank statements. copies of airline tickets, photographs, hotel and car rental reciepts to show i was in the usa. And obviously not having a job is a major issue in showing i can support her while she is unable to work!

So when we got back to the uk i started looking for work. My old place wouldnt take me back. I had a couple of interviews but nothing much was arround. Since maybe feb/march i have been applying for loads of stuff. Prety much every day if there was anything new available. The tourist visa ran out in april and we went back to florida for a few weeks. I left her there and i came home. I hadnt had a single interview untill wednesday. Interview went well. they liked my cv. But got an email the next day saying i wasnt sucessfull. I asked for feedback and it turns out i was the 3rd choice but there was only 2 jobs. So i put it behind me and move on, carry on looking for work.

Then today i get a message on my answerphone... One of the girls in the department didnt think the job was right for her and so they now have 3 jobs.

I start monday :)

This means the visa application will be a hell of a lot smoother as i dont have to rely totaly on my savings any more and i have a steady income. Its also a bit more than my old job (but not a huge ammount).

The place im working is also only a 5 min walk down the road. So i dont need to put miles on my supe. And i can get the paintwork niggles sorted out and not have to worry about not having a car because i can walk to work :D

Sorry about any spelling mistakes (like the one i just noticed in the topic). i havent eaten yet today and im buzzing! I'm off to KFC to stuff my face in celebration!