The mkiv Supra Owners Club

93 GZ Black BPU

Nick1980

Hi Chaps

Just a quick ad to start with - I'm away from home for a few days, so I don't have access to my photos & full spec for the car, but once I'm home I'll either update this or start a new thread. There are a couple of photos in my garage in the meantime.

Basic Spec

93 L Reg

Full GZ spec (leather, cruise, active spoiler, twin airbag)

Approx 106,000 miles (although some of these are in km I believe)

Lexus GS300 sport wheels (much sought after! :tongue:)

1 Cat removed

Blitz Nur Spec R

Blitz Boost controller & Turbo Timer

Chris Wilson SMIC

HKS Blow off valve

HKS Platinum spark plugs

UK spec front brakes & Goodridge s/s brake lines

Koni adjustable dampers

Newish Toyo Proxes on the front with about 5k on them

Air Con regassed last month, now icy!

MOT till mid July 2010

Tax till March 2010

All old MOTs (flown through them all!)

Most recently serviced by Whifbitz (full service + new rear discs/pads in Feb), before that looked after by Mark at Phoenix (before he moved to Oz :()

Geometry done by Tony at Wheels in Motion in Chesham.

That's pretty much all I can remember from memory. I'm sure I've missed stuff, but I'll address that when I do the full ad.

Bad Points

Mechanically the car is excellent. It is my only car however, and not a pampered weekend toy, so the bodywork is not the best:

Paint generally not great - it's the original paint so looks a bit dull in places - posssibly just needs a really good polish/detailing

Numerous stone chips to the bonnet due to the car mainly being used on motorway

A few parking dings, dents & scrapes around the body (people have no respect for other peoples stuff :mad:)

Dent in the n/s wing/scuff to the bumper. This happened when my car was reversed into outside my house TWICE within a matter of weeks, first by my neighbour who promptly moved, and then by the white van men doing work for the NEW neighbour! Of course by the time I noticed it they'd left, and the number the neighbour gave me didn't work.....what can you do? This second incident has also pushed a bit of the arch out very slightly, causing a bit of paint to flake out there.

Wheels could all do with a refurb - lacquer issues

Very small rust bubble at the top of the windscreen

Rocker cover gaskets leaking very slightly, although both Mark & Whifbitz didn't think it was much of an issue - just mentioned for honesty.

Reason for sale

Well, I'm off to Australia for a month in November, snowboading for a month in Japan in Feb, and a couple of trips to the alps after that which I plan on driving to. Obviously I could do with the money to finance all this(!), plus the supe is NOT the car to drive to the alps with at least two people & snowboard gear! I plan on replacing it with something like a 306 HDi D Turbo for about £1500 & use the rest of the cash for my trips. I don't NEED to sell to do all this however, and I won't be upset to see it stay, so it won't be going for a song!

I've owned the car for over 3 years now, and before that Need4Speed (John) had it for 4 years, so he can vouch for it (at least how it was when he sold it to me). It's never let me down in that time and has been 100% reliable.

Like I said, it is my only car, so I use it for everything, although in reality that's only really for my twice weekly 35 mile commute which is 22 miles of motorway and 10 miles A roads & a bit of London traffic. I do about 5000 miles a year. If I remember correctly, John said he did about 90% motorway driving in the car too.

It is NOT a show car, and as I have described, it would be an ideal project for someone into detailing who has the patience to bring the bodywork back into top condition.

Price

I've been quoted £250 to sort the n/s dent by a local bodyshop and £50 + VAT per wheel by Tony at Wheels In Motions partner. The rear tyres will probably need replacing before the next MOT - I will use Toyo Proxes at about £150 each, so taking all this into account, I'm looking for:

£4300

As I said, I'm not going to let it go for peanuts, and the longer it stays the more of these things I shall get done, so the price will go up accordingly. Obviously I'd prefer to take the lower price now though so I don't have to fork out with my trips upcoming.

Car is based in Dunstable and Hammersmith.

Ok, that's it for now I think. I'll update as soon as possible with pics/more info.

Bump.......Added some photos and more details to the ad, and I decided to lower the price a little bit too!

Unfortunately the photo doesn't show the dent to the passenger wing - I've taken some photos of this but I've lost the lead for my camera at the moment, so I'll put them up when I find it!

Dude you really aren't selling this very well!! Its got some very desirable wheels on it (if they are in good nik) . Its a GZ with decent looking leather. Its in black which is a very sellable colour. Seriously go out and take some good photo's of the car. The interior will impress over the multitude of cloth seated interiors, the black with a bit of polish will shine up good and look good. The damage you talk about, show it in pictures because if you don't the worst will be assumed, what to you may think is a dreadful sight may be to a perspective travelling purchaser acceptable. And FWIW at £4300 with those rims on and leather its already peanuts!!

Those GS sport rims are IMO the best wheels you can put on a supra bar none and the envy of all!! If you doubt their pedigree if you can get them, and that's a big IF they are £1500-£2000. So bag yourself an almost half price car because the wheels are worth almost half the asking price if in good condition!! Then of course there's the leather thats worth £400!!

OMG its almost worth buying to break it as the engines worth £1600 with the tubbies on it!!

Nick

Thanks for the PM back and hope you had a good trip.

Just to clarify, I take it this has a RR in or is the second cat still in situ? Basically, BPU or not?

You mention the Blitz Boost Controller too. Where is this mounted and it is an electronic adjustable one like the SBD-II versions etc?

Any chance you can email me some more pics mate? Don't intend on haggling on asking price and if my 5-6 hour polishing sessions at weekends are anything to go by, I'm sure this is the perfect project to bring up to scratch. Cheers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.