The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say what a ... bother the Nascar cup is on b-spec. Finally sorted a setup for all gold on it!

What cars have people been using for the lvl35 / lvl 40 endurance races?

In b spec i just used the red bull x1 car and left the drivers to it ;)

This might have been posted before but here are the cars that can be Racing modified:

Acura NSX RM '91

Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09

Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70

Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97

Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04

Lexus IS F RM '07

Lotus Elise RM '96

Lotus Elise 111R RM '04

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02

Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01

Might be work in progress, there is still loads of stuff they need to fix such as beeing able to buy CF parts and alloys for 2nd hand vehicles, Racing Mods for all cars and I would also like to see a bit more realistic racing such as poor starts, clutch slipping, AI cars run off tracks when you hit/make contact with them etc etc

You would have thought the list would have been longer

Might be work in progress, there is still loads of stuff they need to fix such as beeing able to buy CF parts and alloys for 2nd hand vehicles, Racing Mods for all cars and I would also like to see a bit more realistic racing such as poor starts, clutch slipping, AI cars run off tracks when you hit/make contact with them etc etc

I have noticed they changed the starts so they are all rolling starts now? I'm sure there were some races that started on the line, proper grid style.

I have noticed they changed the starts so they are all rolling starts now? I'm sure there were some races that started on the line, proper grid style.

yeah there were some grid starts i tink, and whyyyy cant u use inside view on 90% of the cars?! its pants, not even on the supra :(

Leave the PS3 to run the Le Mans series with the Red Bull car for a few days, you'll soon see level 40, there is no short cuts bud.

I'm on Level 38 B-spec and it's taking ages me ages to get there after the Le-mans 24 hour. Does anyone have any tips on how to level up B-Spec faster so I can access the 24 ring race.

Btw, B-Spec is totally pointless.

You can borrow my Blitz Skyline drift car if you like, what is your username Matt?

Cracking, my username is Kal-El1984 ;)

Ta

Leave the PS3 to run the Le Mans series with the Red Bull car for a few days, you'll soon see level 40, there is no short cuts bud.

That's what I've been doing, but it' still taking ages. My individual drivers seem to rank up rather fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone else has posted this already, but because the networks down I've been hitting the endurance races with the Redbull X1.

I made an interesting discovery the other day whilst trying to cool the tyres down on the oval track, the X1 is considerably faster on grass than it is on the tarmac. In full downforce trim on the grass you can run it up to over 270mph pressumably because you destroy the ground effects.

260 is possible through the corners using the grass, though it would do that anyway with the down force reduced, but I didn't realise I'd over specced it till the race was started.

It actually lurches forward on grass as if you are drafting. It's supposed to be good for 350, but I was intruiged that it got the extra performance on grass because you destroyed the ground effect, shows how realistic the game is (At least in some areas).

• 1 month later...

Hmm quite quiet here. Anyone having trouble with the Expert seasonals ?

Here's my final tunes.

My final gold tunes. All thanks to Shirakawa Akira, Ugabugaz, Greycap, RKM's Juliet Elise and Adrenaline's advice.

Fiat

All upgrades except turbo, not needed but I had them anyway.

147 KG ballast at -50 position.

No turbo

Gears at 1 - 3.766 2 - 2.648 3 - 1.965 4 - 1.535 5 - 1.263 Final 4.1 max speed 99 mph

LSD at initial 5 accel at 10 braking at 5

Suspension

Height -20 and - 20

Springs 7.6 and 6.0

Dampers ext 5 and 5 Dampers Comp 4 and 3 ARB's 3 and 4

Camber 2.5 and 2.0 Toe - 0.25 and -0.2

Brakes 4 and 5

Manual gears are a must.

Crucial corners for losing speed are the right hander after 1st tunnel. Try to keep 50 mph through it.

Left hander after long staight. Cut close and try to keep 60+ mph through it.

Right hander after the little chicane heading towards the lake. Try keeping 55+ mph here and the next left hander. Try keeping above 50 mph through the corner.

Elise

All upgrades except turbo again. Not needed but I think easier with.

Aero rear +20. 101 KG ballast at -50 setting.

No turbo. This keeps the wheelspin down when flooring the car out of corners.

Gears

1 - 3.652 2 - 2.568 3 - 1.923 4 - 1.506 5 - 1.233 6 - 1.056 Final 4.530 Max speed 149 mph

LSD set at initial 10 Accel 9 braking at 5

Suspension

Height - -25 and -25

Springs 6.5 and 10 Dampers ext 7 and 8 Dampers comp 6 and 5 ARB's 3 an3

Camber 1.3 and 1.5 Toe -0.1 and -0.15 Brakes 5 and 6

Very hard race for me. I used 1 on traction control so I could get a bit more push through the corners.

Subaru

All upgrades again.

Aero 20 ballast 14 KG at -50 position.

Gears - just final gear at 3.860 and max speed 137 mph

LSD settings - Initial 5 front 10 rear

Accel 20 front 40 rear

Brake 5 front 5 rear

Torque setting 35 front 65 rear.

Suspension

Height +20 front ( not a typo) -20 rear

Springs 9.5 and 8.0

Dampers ext 7 and 6 Dampers comp 6 and 5 ARB's 5 and 5

Camber 2.3 and 1.0 Toe 0.00 and 0.00

Brakes 4 and 8

I found this easier than the Elise. It's very important to clip the red apex markers. Trickiest corners are the first hairpin, important to keep some momentum here. You should be on the bumper of the first car for the next corner where track position is everything to roll through the apex and easing throttle on. The next right hander isn't to bad but the following long left is difficult to judge right, bake - roll to apex and get on the throttle as soon as you're able.

Next left hander is fast, brake, turn to clip red marker on throttle.

Up to corkscrew where you should be on the tail of the next car. Brake late just before the top of the hill, all the way to the left at the start of the screw. You can now floor it through the right hander at the bottom of the section clipping the kerb. It is much faster than cutting the corner and losing all momentum and position due to sand for the next crucial left hander.

Brake twice for this corner, once to pull the car in for the apex and one little dab to make sure you don't overshoot to the other side of the track and hit sand ruining the position for the final fast turn.

On up to the slow final left. Brake late and roll through the apex getting on throttle as soon as possible for the straight.

Mid to high 1.37 first lap followed by consistent mid 1.35's will see you passing the lead car at the second to last corner. So there is still some margin for error left. A mid 1.36 lap should still see a win.

Phew. Sorry for the long post. I hope the st ups and tips help some people. Easiest race for me, after trying many tunes, was the STI. With that tune and an hours practice I got gold and a rubbish car. Have fun folks.

Edit - All on a DS3, auto gears on Elise and STI, as I'm still rubbish with a wheel. As said I am rubbish at driving so there is light at the end of the tunnel. All the best.

Edit edit - after several restarts on the STI I saw the bhp up at 398 so put the tune in and don't exit the race. Just restart.

Anybody ever seen the Saleen S7 available to buy on GT5 yet?

I've noticed the computer drivers have access to the Saleen S7 so its in the game, its just never yet cropped up in either the online garage or the 2nd hand game garage (for me anyeways).

Oh, and which cars can be given full racing modification in the tuning garage? (don't know if this has been discussed yet but don't have time to go through 70 odd pages ;) )

Cheers.