The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

You must be really good as I couldn't see a way to victory with the ZR1. It's faster yes, but I found that I had to brake too much as the handling is nothing on the Furai. The Mazda could 'almost' make it around the track without touching the brake.

The Minolta is now the best car I own after doing the available tunes. It can go around the high speed curcuit at over 200mph without breaking!

You have turned the down force up to full haven't you?

I just blitzed it with my Redbull despite a few offs it was a very easy win :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be really good as I couldn't see a way to victory with the ZR1. It's faster yes, but I found that I had to brake too much as the handling is nothing on the Furai. The Mazda could 'almost' make it around the track without touching the brake.

I had to alter the suspension settings too. IIRC it was about +2 front and rear toe angle, and slightly increasing the camber. It improved grip and turn in into the corners no end. I only had to brake on 2 out of the 4 corners.:eyebrows:

Also set the downforce to maximum. It's important to have gear ratios 1 through 4 very tall, 5 quite a bit shorter then 6 very short. IIRC the top speed (GEAR speed) wants to be circa 240mph :)

The Minolta is now the best car I own after doing the available tunes. It can go around the high speed curcuit at over 200mph without breaking!

The Minolta is a fantastic car and saw me through the mid part of the game, it's usable in so many races it has to be one of the better all rounders when around level 20-22 (though it should now be much easier to level up with the .6 update, it took me weeks to get through these levels on the older versions)

Once you get the higher spec cars they kind of blitz even that, but they are a lot more difficult to control and need a lot more attention. The x2010 is just insane but I find it near impossible to keep in control. However it's so much faster than everything else you could probably get away with a few crashes every lap and still win.

Out of the "very fast" cars above the Minolta I've got so far the Gran Turismo is the only one that isn't a nightmare to drive. That said, I still can't beat the Gran Turismo challenge!

I had to alter the suspension settings too. IIRC it was about +2 front and rear toe angle, and slightly increasing the camber. It improved grip and turn in into the corners no end. I only had to brake on 2 out of the 4 corners.:eyebrows:

Also set the downforce to maximum. It's important to have gear ratios 1 through 4 very tall, 5 quite a bit shorter then 6 very short. IIRC the top speed (GEAR speed) wants to be circa 140mph :)

140mph? Don't you mean 240mph? You'd be constantly on the rev limiter at 140mph?

The Minolta is a fantastic car and saw me through the mid part of the game, it's usable in so many races it has to be one of the better all rounders when around level 20-22 (though it should now be much easier to level up with the .6 update, it took me weeks to get through these levels on the older versions)

Once you get the higher spec cars they kind of blitz even that, but they are a lot more difficult to control and need a lot more attention. The x2010 is just insane but I find it near impossible to keep in control. However it's so much faster than everything else you could probably get away with a few crashes every lap and still win.

Out of the "very fast" cars above the Minolta I've got so far the Gran Turismo is the only one that isn't a nightmare to drive. That said, I still can't beat the Gran Turismo challenge!

I found the Gran Turismo All Stars a piece of cake once I had the Mazda Furai Concept 08. Have you tuned the Minolta? You can get it to nearly 1000hp. That should be better than the Mazda?

Also set the downforce to maximum. It's important to have gear ratios 1 through 4 very tall, 5 quite a bit shorter then 6 very short. IIRC the top speed (GEAR speed) wants to be circa 140mph :)

Ooh how the heck did u get an RZ!? Sorry can't join the game tonight, but maybe next week.

I've got two RZ's. One of them is stock and I've maxed the tune up on the other. It sits quite high in the PP ranks.

I have gold on everything and then gold on the 1st four endurance races, but without doing the endurance races multiple times I ain't levelling up, so I just log on once a week for seasonal events (although they haven't added them again this week :rolleyes: ) in the hope they will be big XP ones.

Anyone else a bit annoyed on the levelling, once your at 28 it's just ridiculous.

I have gold on everything and then gold on the 1st four endurance races, but without doing the endurance races multiple times I ain't levelling up, so I just log on once a week for seasonal events (although they haven't added them again this week :rolleyes: ) in the hope they will be big XP ones.

Anyone else a bit annoyed on the levelling, once your at 28 it's just ridiculous.

I was feeling your pain up until 30, then I unlocked the Vettel X2010 challenge and quickly levelled up to 34 with a few of the high XP Seasonal Events.

That said, it has helped that I got bronze at Nurbugring, gold on Monza and gold on Suzuka for the X2010 challenges.

I was feeling your pain up until 30, then I unlocked the Vettel X2010 challenge and quickly levelled up to 34 with a few of the high XP Seasonal Events.

That said, it has helped that I got bronze at Nurbugring, gold on Monza and gold on Suzuka for the X2010 challenges.

See it's weird that challenge. To get the max out of it you should target all bronze first, then all silver, then all gold. Then you have 3x 2010s...

They're very useful for the endurance challenges on b-spec :)

See it's weird that challenge. To get the max out of it you should target all bronze first, then all silver, then all gold. Then you have 3x 2010s...

They're very useful for the endurance challenges on b-spec :)

Well that was the intention, got all bronze first and then realised I was 2 to 4 seconds away from gold on each track. So got Monza out the way as that's the easiest, then did Suzuka as it's the most difficult. I'm now 1.8 seconds away on Nurburgring.

You're right it is very handy for the endurance races