The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another little update (1.07)

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.

The main contents of the update are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]

Friend Rankings

In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare laptimes with them, allowing you to compete just between your friends for the best laps and scores.

[Correction of Known Issues]

- The calculation of performance points (PP) which is an index of a car's performance, is now calculated without taking into account the tyre selection.You can now combine the performance point restriction and the tyre restriction when setting the regulations for a lounge.

- Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.

- Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.

[Other Changes]

- Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (Including those in a gift car ticket form) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please utilise the car loan system.

[To Check Your Current Version]

To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

If the number starts with "Ver. 1.07", you are playing the latest version of the game.

If not, please press PS button and quit the game. The game will be updated automatically when you restart it with your PS3™ system connected to the internet.

How do you gain an F1 car? I don't have £4.5m I'm at the point of needing it to enter the A-Spec F1 challenge?

Do the online races to build your credits up. You talking about the Formula Grand Turismo car, Jeff lent me his Ferrari F1 car which is Cr 10,000,000 he almost lost it due to this new update.

Yeah, sorry I ment seasonal. Have you been doing them?

I found that there wasn't much cash difference between the seasonal and the high leve A-Spec races. Either way I'll need to jump on the seasonal as I've nearly got gold in all the A-Spec and I don't fancy the 'Endurance' series that has just popped up!! 60 laps - no thanks!

I should be better placed for the seasonal now too as I've got some killer motors from winning certain events in the A-Specs and B-Specs.

Are you doing the bonus races? The minimum is usually around Cr200,000 going up to Cr1,500,000

Are twe refering to the 'special' ones how? Some of those are quite hard. The VW Camper is ridiculous!

In one race of the seasonal events last night I got ~700k.

Wow, now that is a big amount - not had anywhere near that.

Are twe refering to the 'special' ones how? Some of those are quite hard. The VW Camper is ridiculous!

Wow, now that is a big amount - not had anywhere near that.

Do the first ones currently on there, forget what it calls them. 5 or 6 different races each requiring a specific car (Subaru, Nissan Z car, RX7, etc.) big money :)

Woohoo, I won the 'Like the Wind challenge last night using the Mazda with a tweaked ration to get a better top end. Won the Toyota Minota (sp) for getting the gold.

I won it too, but with a race spec Corvette ZR1 with custom Ratios. The Minolta is amazing, once you fit a larger turbo :)

Do the first ones currently on there, forget what it calls them. 5 or 6 different races each requiring a specific car (Subaru, Nissan Z car, RX7, etc.) big money :)

I'm referring to the 'Seasonal Events' 'Bonus Races' which is currently 'Bonus Race 7' These change weekly so you need to get them completed before they are removed, they also have huge XP points.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll give it a bash :thumbs:

I won it too, but with a race spec Corvette ZR1 with custom Ratios. The Minolta is amazing, once you fit a larger turbo :)

You must be really good as I couldn't see a way to victory with the ZR1. It's faster yes, but I found that I had to brake too much as the handling is nothing on the Furai. The Mazda could 'almost' make it around the track without touching the brake.

The Minolta is now the best car I own after doing the available tunes. It can go around the high speed curcuit at over 200mph without breaking!

Just brought GT5 and I'm loving it!

Matt... Watch a reply with your gallardo. There's photo mode there. Save tho photo, then u need to export it to xmb via the photo menu.

From there, go out of the game and either upload to fb from there or copy to a USB then to your computer. Simples

Ive still only come across a sz in the game and im level 27 now i think. Does anyone fancy gifting me a supra? Obviously I can give you a car worth the same or more?

username: milosmith

Iv seen a RZ, and raced against it, but I haven't been able to buy one yet:( .... So I went to the online auction and brought the TOMS Supra instead ;)