The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

I must have been lucky, got an RZ the first day of playing, but have not seen one since (not that I visit the sale section very often now I'm in the later stages of the game)

Like the new points system, it seems far better balanced than the last update which was taking forever to level up in ASpec

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i noticed, saw an sz once but thats as far as it goes, ill add ya next time im on, im sure i must have somethin i can trade with ya

Don't need trade mate. I just save the game to a usb, gift the car, re-load the game and still have the car. I can only do it once a day but what the hell. :)

I must have been lucky, got an RZ the first day of playing, but have not seen one since (not that I visit the sale section very often now I'm in the later stages of the game)

Like the new points system, it seems far better balanced than the last update which was taking forever to level up in ASpec

On the first day? that is lucky! yeah after a while leveling up seemed to take ages

Wish i could afford that.lol I only have 1.3mill :rolleyes:

I'd lend you mine but I have the Stealth one and they don't allow sharing, except in demo mode.

If you need a good car for the American one on the same screen, buy a Corvette ZR1 '09 in their dealership (the blue one) and take it to GT Auto and buy the race kit far right of screen for 350k. I maxed the car out before race converting it but it wastes money. I can't remember now but you might be able to use it in Like The Wind? 1000hp with stage II engine mods enough? :D

Either way, a proper car.

Can anybody help me on the 'like the wind' events, my veyron is not standing a chance :(

Any suggestions on what car to use?

Cheers

Unless you have a "proper" race car, one of the only cost effective purchasable cars that can compete is the ZR1 '09 with the race kit and maxed out. It's about 600k to do but will win the Like the Wind event. Just set all aero to maximum and ensure you have racing soft tyre's

It's also usable in the American car championship a bit further on and should comfortably win that one too.

What's the point in B-Spec? all the races are longer and it's sooooo boring - you basically do nothing in it apart from 'go faster' - 'go slower' and it doesn't really matter that much anyway. I've been doing it to try and win a race car for A-Spec. I've basically been using a much better car (if pos) in each race then doing something else until the race is finished - how is this supposed to be fun?

Tell us about it. The signature challenge was impossibly difficult. The driver profiles vary but how to get the best from them is the key. I reckon the winners were working shifts to get the driver stat's up but you have to start with the right driver for the track.

All boll@cks anyway in the end. You can find the cars won per track list somewhere apparently.

What's the point in B-Spec? all the races are longer and it's sooooo boring - you basically do nothing in it apart from 'go faster' - 'go slower' and it doesn't really matter that much anyway. I've been doing it to try and win a race car for A-Spec. I've basically been using a much better car (if pos) in each race then doing something else until the race is finished - how is this supposed to be fun?

Get up to level 35 on B spec & you'll be glad you took the time I promise.

The ZR1 at 905bhp (with engine build won't win 'Like the Win', it's top end is not enough (can you alter this?). It will easily win the first race from the two, but it will get wasted on the oval track.

I'm on the hunt for the Nissan Race car to do that one.

I managed it with my final speed ratio at around 230mph i think. You gotta keep in the slip stream of the front pack otherwise your screwed! Once i got to the front i stuck to the inside of the track on the bends and made sure they wernt slip streaming me on the straights. It will be a close one but should manage it in the ZR1.

Forget the ZR1!!, I won the Mazda Furai concept 08 last night and it's immense! You can do an stage 3 tune and put a high RPM turbo on and push the car up to a wopping 730 performance points! That's ~100 more PP than the ZR1. It wastes the ZR1 in every respect but top end. Defo the best car I've got so far. This comes from around 550bhp in a 680kg car! it goes around corners like a go cart!

I managed it with my final speed ratio at around 230mph i think

Ah, so you altered the gearbox then? My top end is 218 before the limiter kicks in?

How does this remote races thing work then? I've shared one of my drivers, left my PS3 on server mode, and been doing a few races remotely from work... The drivers experience doesn't seem to change? Does it only take effect when I log back onto the PS3 or something?

Please can someone with maximum clever powerz please explain how this works? Thanksyou :)

Good isnt it, I have had that a while :thumbs:

It's immense. I left the PS3 running the GT World Series in b-spec last night with a lesser experienced driver at the wheel and turned over to watch what the GF wanted on TV. No babysitting him whatsoever and he won every race in the Mazda. I was furiously babysitting my driver in the ZR1 and couldn't win.

The ironic thing is, when I won the car from the b-spec MX5 cup, I didn't even bother looking at it for a while because my perception was that it would just be 'another car to sit in the garage doing nothing'!

Thorin, can you tell your drivers to get out of the way, there holding my driver up :)

They're doing OK then? :D

One of my level 5 drivers was consistently beating level 10-14's yesterday. Got him upto ~17 after yesterdays races I believe so hopefully he's doing even better. Only just shared the other ones last night so not sure how they compare against other people's yet.