The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy,

Only got it out of the garage at the weekend... I can't believe you sent me that car mate!!! It's insane! Been winning everything with it! Handling is mental!

Do you not want it back at some point? Must have cost a fortune in credits?!

Ta

Matt

:D Glad you like it mate. About 500,000 :D One of only 17 cars you can race prep in the auto garage. Mental ain't it. :D

Don't need it back mate. Still got it. The beauty of saving it to a flash drive. I just reloaded the save after I gave it to you. :)

You can win "Like the wind" with it but the oval track is hard. Easier to wait 'til you get a formula GT.

:D Glad you like it mate. About 500,000 :D One of only 17 cars you can race prep in the auto garage. Mental ain't it. :D

Don't need it back mate. Still got it. The beauty of saving it to a flash drive. I just reloaded the save after I gave it to you. :)

You can win "Like the wind" with it but the oval track is hard. Easier to wait 'til you get a formula GT.

Ah, cracking, well I wasn't going to give it you back anyway...... not without a wash that is ;)

:D

anybody going for golds on all races etc? the AMG challenge was pretty tough and so was the grand tour eiger stage

I try to get golds all the way as you get better cars and more money. How did they get those SLS AMG times though? I couldn't even beat my own times, let alone theirs!

i managed a 7:03 on that one after many attempts on the full lap. that one is by far the hardest of the sls challenges cos, the ones in the rain are a lot easier to beat. i did have to cut the grass in 2 places to get that time though. i have all golds so far except the endurance which i havent completed yet and i have only just unlocked the vettel challenge as my B-spec got to 30. that one is going to be the worst of all, after about 10 goes at the nurburg i managed to clear about 4 corners before going off track so i think this is where my trophies are going to come unstuck :D

Oooo big update :)

This new update will be of a size 301MB and will include many additions making it worth the download. Here is a list of new features and fixes:

Major Changes And New Features

Remote Racing: On the bottom left of the GT Mode – Community screen, Remote Races have been added. You can combine the “My Driver” of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.

Remote Racing From A Web Browser: For Remote Races you can visit the official “gran-turismo.com” website using an Internet web browser and remotely operate your PS3 at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. Sign in from the GT5 My Home button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.

Using The Course Maker In Online Races: You can now select the “My Tracks” created in Course Maker for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot.

Introduction Of Performance Points For Online Races: Performance Points (PP) are a numerical index of a car’s performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.

Increased Rewards And Experience Online: The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.

Expansion Of Event Settings For Online Races: Auto Race Start Cycle and Tyre/Fuel Depletion have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).

Increased Penalties For Special Events: The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the Special Events in GT Mode.

Event Rewards And Experience Adjusted: The rewards and experience for Licence and Special Events of GT Mode – GT Life have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

Car Loan In Events: In A-Spec and B-Spec events in GT Mode – GT Life, as well as when participating in Special Events, you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.

Settings: Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings.

Multi Monitor: From Options – Hardware – Multi Monitor, you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3 systems. You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3 systems and TV’s/monitors.

Changes And Additions To Game Operations

It is now possible to replay and save 2 Player Races.

Controller Steering Sensitivity has been added to Driving Options.

Corner Camber has been added to the section settings of the Course Maker.

In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.

In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.

User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a Lounge.

Cars in your garage that are not registered as ‘Favorites’ can now be used in a Lounge.

When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.

Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.

It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the Quick Menu.

It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the Garage.

AI Adjustment

Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for license tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.

Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.

The evasive maneuvers of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

Correction Of Issues

Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.

Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.

Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.

Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

Other Changes

A searchable item called Race Type has been added during room creation in the Open Lobby.

The lap times for the X Challenge in Special Events have been adjusted.

Game save speed has been optimized.

The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.

The background of car demos during an Auto Demo is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].

The “S-AWC” integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.

The Feedback Strength of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

Well the B-spec after hitting it hard isn't as bad as I thought.

After getting a driver up to level 24 I thought it'd take ages to get another up there and another etc for the endurance races.

But seems not! You can enter a level 5 driver in a level 21 race (i.e with a powerful car and blow the opposition away) and gain 3-4 levels in a single race. I've got a 2nd driver up to level 19 in less than 25 races :)

It's gonna suck getting them all ready for the 24 hour ones tho! Hasn't someone on here literally completed b-spec?

Still a no go for me! Proper fuming! After my HDD corrupted I replaced it with a new one, only to find FW3.56 doesn't allow a HDD to be replaced. So tried formatting in my brother in laws' PS3 and still keeps asking for 3.56 or newer. Aparantly it's a huge problem for Sony and been all over the tintenet! So.. I'm now having to wait for 3.57 when they fix the issue and I can get on and start again. Really missing it now :(

Set all your B-spec drivers to 'share with freinds' so I can race them remotely. I'm racing Haydn79 and milkybarkids driver as I type this :D

Ah so how does that affect their win ratio?

I must admit it is a mild form of OCD but in a-spec and b-spec I am trying to maintain a 100% win ratio for me and my drivers :)

been playin gt for ages now n ive never seen a supra tt in the used car thing :( like the only car i never see whereas i see r34's everytime i play it!

Rare as fook mate. 30 levels = one Supe RZ. I have one and will send it over if you want. Send a friend invite to Roo_09