The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some info on quickly updating the used car dealership.

The cars for sale at the UCD are "refreshed" every one day (game time, not real time). With every "day" that passes, six new vehicles show up in the UCD. A day passes when you complete a race or finish a license test. However, you can go through days quickest by loading up a license test and skipping to the next test, without ever actually racing the test. As long as the load screen shows up between tests, one day has passed. It takes five game days to completely refresh the Used Car Dealership's current stock.

Hope that helps. Apparently the formula GT car shows up in the UCD and that's a fast way to get it. :)

Installing as we speak, can't wait to get started, is it better than the prolog??

Talk about beeing fisted german style..got hit with a 608MB update....aaaaaarg!

It's what you would expect from playing past releases of Gran Turismo with improvements and added features.

I think the game is mint, it is really growing on me, sure the Standard cars are sub par, but watching replays of the Premium cars in the rain etc is trully jaw dropping. The handling of the cars is also better than on any game I have played, I'm pleased they spent the time there, I would rather play a good game with average graphics than a crap game with great graphics

gotta say.....

I'm kind of bored of this already...

fook this ranking up shiote and trading cars.... after 5 years I was expecting a fooking groundbreaking game.... this I have not found. :(

Are you using the controller or wheels?

scotty71uk is my PSN

And as above ^^ disapointed in the game really. Lots of hype and IMO has not really deliverd. Where is the crash damage? etc etc

To me its just GT4 with better graphics and thats about it. Forza 1 - 0 GT5 :D

Fair enough, BTW what exactly do you think lets the game down, the graphics? the gameplay?

its just GT4 dressed up. After 5 years you would think they would make it something outstanding, something new, something that hasnt been done before. All we got was an unfinished update of previous versions.

Dont get me wrong, the GT series is very good, but this one just lacks that edge that could of made it a flagship game! I think Forza is going to wipe the floor of this Tbh.

its just GT4 dressed up. After 5 years you would think they would make it something outstanding, something new, something that hasnt been done before. All we got was an unfinished update of previous versions.

Dont get me wrong, the GT series is very good, but this one just lacks that edge that could of made it a flagship game! I think Forza is going to wipe the floor of this Tbh.

GT5 wasnt ment to be relased yet. Sony forced the release for xmas to promote there 3D TV's. There was a full proper version of GT5 when prolog came out but it was in 720HD sony made them go back to the drawing boards and make it 1080!

THIS IS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG!!!!

All cars will be premium, there will be more tracks, you will be able to customise your menus how u like etc... The game is still is massive production! Do bear this in mind! Poloyphony Digital has explained this. Hense in 1 month we have had 5 Massive updateds already!

With the game in such early stages still i think its great, my PS3 hasnt turned off.. We will see how far GT5 has come the time Forza comes out but we all know the graphics will not be beaten! Even the pampered GT4 cars looks great!!

i.e the supra i have (u will have to excuse the disformed bumper farside i had a lil bump lol):

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5255/highspeedring3.jpg

And as for the premium cars (which all cars on the came will become)

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8453/nicejl.jpg

Says it all really.