The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to compete in The new 'Seasonal Event' where in which you need a Nissan GTR variant (R32, R33, R34 or GT-R)...the highest I can place is 8th as the most BHP you're permitted to have is 493. :( any advice on car/set-up I have both an R34 and a V-Spec R33

I'm trying to compete in The new 'Seasonal Event' where in which you need a Nissan GTR variant (R32, R33, R34 or GT-R)...the highest I can place is 8th as the most BHP you're permitted to have is 493. :( any advice on car/set-up I have both an R34 and a V-Spec R33

R34 GTR fully weight reduced (inc bonnet and glass), run 492 bhp. 6-speed close box, 3.5k suspension and best clutch, flywheel and diff.

Target lap time is 1:30/1:31 1st lap, then sub 1:29 on the sequential laps and you'll easily get gold.

The 07 GTR is just too heavy.

R34 GTR fully weight reduced (inc bonnet and glass), run 492 bhp. 6-speed close box, 3.5k suspension and best clutch, flywheel and diff.

Target lap time is 1:30/1:31 1st lap, then sub 1:29 on the sequential laps and you'll easily get gold.

The 07 GTR is just too heavy.

Keeping the engine stock? No turbos, Sports exhaust, ECU. etc. Just fully weight reduced with the additional clutch, flywheel diff.

I will give it a go :) Thanks

Keeping the engine stock? No turbos, Sports exhaust, ECU. etc. Just fully weight reduced with the additional clutch, flywheel diff.

I will give it a go :) Thanks

I think I did everything bar turbos, so engine, exhaust, induction etc. Just get it as close to the power and weight limit is the key. If you get the 20k gearbox you literally want to be hitting the limits just as you approach the 1st corner (which I straight line anyway)

It's always best I find on a turbo car in a race with bhp restrictions to increase power and response and rev range on all the races in this series - done 4/5 so far and won each time out (was

1st on the rx7 race by end of lap 3 :)

The hardest race now is the Seasonal Event 2 - Race 4 where you can have any rx-7 with 394bhp.

After quite a bit of honing of setup I have won it with an Rx-7 spirit '01, all NA tune, all weight reduction, rigidity, LSD, custom gearbox, sports mods. You will need to tweak the suspension, final gear ratio to 149mph max and also the LSD needs tweaking.

If you're not doing every lap sub 60 seconds (59.5 avr) and the opening lap isn't under 61 seconds.. you're too slow. Give up :)

EDIT : I have saved the replay, but no idea if we can upload them.

It also may be a good idea / club spirit to trade the cars with these setups so others can use them? I am quite willing to trade my Rx-7 spirit and also the GT-X for the seasonal events

I'm also stuck with the historic race on b-spec, the car I used on a-spec doesn't seem to do much ( race prepped camaro '67 or something like that), what did you use? I looked up on the Internet to see what people have used and the majority have said the Toyota 7 race car, but even that is hit and miss!

I'm also stuck with the historic race on b-spec, the car I used on a-spec doesn't seem to do much ( race prepped camaro '67 or something like that), what did you use? I looked up on the Internet to see what people have used and the majority have said the Toyota 7 race car, but even that is hit and miss!

Thats what I used