The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet, I bought my NASCAR at 3am this morning, i was going through the special events trying to get gold on the NASCAR ones as that gives you one apparently but I wasn't coming close in the intermediates, I was only 100k of buying one by this point so I sold a couple of cars to get the rest, bought the Toyota M&M's one now! On e I complete the NASCAR series it should give me the majority of the money back hopefully :)

Nascar is a pain in the butt with a controller, the cars handle like a fat bird on roller skates particularly if you slow right down. Plenty of practice needed feathering the accelerator for this series - daren't enter the championship until I can nail most races!

Also had the Gran Tourismo racer in the Used Car Lot for nigh on 4 Million credits but couldn't afford it and now it's gone again!!! Aargghh.

This can be found in the GT Home button on the GT5 site. Its 600MB

Update Notice (1.05) Dec 20, 2010

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.

The main contents of the update are as follows:

・Seasonal Events

[seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.

In these events, all participants race under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.

・Online Dealership

An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars.

You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [used Car Dealer]

・Online Race Rewards and Experience

When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.

Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

・Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races

The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].

Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].

・Improved Rewards

The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)

This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

・Race Information Display

[Race Information Display] is now available in [start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also see this in [Race Display] in [Options]).

・Save Data Backup

You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].

・Personal BGM (Menu)

From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the [Personal BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be accessed from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).

・Car Name Change

The official name of "Red Bull X1" has been changed to "Red Bull X2010".

・Integration with the Website

The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the "gran-turismo.com" official website.

[important Note:]

* We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.

* Some contents of the update will not be applied unless you sign in to the PlayStation®Network when you play the game.

[To Check Your Current Version]

To check the version of your software, press the "Manual" button at the bottom of the main menu screen. The version number will be located on the upper left of the index page in this manual.

Nascar is a pain in the butt with a controller, the cars handle like a fat bird on roller skates particularly if you slow right down. Plenty of practice needed feathering the accelerator for this series - daren't enter the championship until I can nail most races!

Also had the Gran Tourismo racer in the Used Car Lot for nigh on 4 Million credits but couldn't afford it and now it's gone again!!! Aargghh.

I've done them now, if you adjust your suspension settings when doing the non-ring races and reset back to default when your doing the ring races you should be ok! :)

Righty - 5.45am this morning and finally cracked the Classic Series in Extreme and the Nascar and Dream Car Championships! Eyes were watering and I nearly fell asleep at the wheel on too many occasions to mention! Level 24 cracked - 3 Mill in the bank and can't afford the Gran Tourismo racer yet - need to earn another Mill quickly!

I've got some pretty natty settings for Nascar in the end that crucified the field (apart from the last race where the tossers spun me out and put me in 12th!!). Dream Car was a doddle in comparison but 3 laps of the Ring had me shaking!

Four more days to go, and if she's paid attention I should be trying to catch you guys up. It's the major reason I got a PS3 in the first place all that time ago.

I'm loving it - even B Spec can be fun particularly watching the great graphics. Wheel and seat next methinks!

Ellis you need to get on the American Championship and select the Indy circuit. It's only 5 laps and you can do it in less than 5 minutes. You'll get Cr117.000 for each attempt.

Edit Go back on a championship and get yourself up to level 25, that'll give you something else to think about. :)