The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, having played it for an hour or two its not a bad game. I'm enjoying the photo mode aspect of it too. Don't think I'll be joining your guys races until I've upped the levels a bit and got a better car in the Garage.

Feel free to add me though regardless Fitz_1989

Right, might need a bit of advice here - getting mullered on Expert Series GT All Stars! Nothing in my garage can keep up with LM Cars etc. Nothing that I can afford to buy either. Ideas? (Level 20 as well)

What you need my friend, is a diesel Peugeot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=123902&d=1291765445

It did the job for me.

Right, might need a bit of advice here - getting mullered on Expert Series GT All Stars! Nothing in my garage can keep up with LM Cars etc. Nothing that I can afford to buy either. Ideas? (Level 20 as well)

I'm building a race prepared Corvette ZR1, which looks like it will be upto the job :) will set you back approx 400k to build one though. I did the first race with the Bugatti Veyron, but it's not good enough in the corners for the later races.

I'm using a Ferrari 512BB that's got the ruddy works on and it's almost cutting it. Bit slidey in the bends but I've whacked up the brake bias to 10 & 10 and that helps a bit. Got this to nail and the GT Championship in Expert yet (still on level 19 though). Could do with unlocking something special.

I'll give it a crack.

I've been saving up the credits incase an old racer comes along in the dealership.

I'm building a race prepared Corvette ZR1, which looks like it will be upto the job :) will set you back approx 400k to build one though. I did the first race with the Bugatti Veyron, but it's not good enough in the corners for the later races.

When you say Race Prep - do you just mean tuning the nuts off it in the Tuning Section?

Where from and how much? Did you win it or buy the bugger?!!

Use the Bugatti.

Just won that championship with some suspension and diff modifications. Changed the ride height, damper, camber, brake bias, torque distribution and the LSD settings and it was pretty good.

1258 bhp and maximum weight reduction as well :)

You'll have to wait for a formula gran turismo to show up in your used car lot (5 mil) when you get it set the traction control to almost full ! it's an evil but brilliant car ! you'll see :) oh and past lvl 25 there's more racing but I won't give the game away :)

I've heard rumour that allstars and anything from extreme that involves LM cars can be beaten with a zonda r fully tuned but not tested the theory myself if you get bored of waiting for the formula gt

Edit: oh and after lvl 22 european:rome is a fast way to make bucks if you keep repeating it

Use the Bugatti.

Just won that championship with some suspension and diff modifications. Changed the ride height, damper, camber, brake bias, torque distribution and the LSD settings and it was pretty good.

1258 bhp and maximum weight reduction as well :)

Be interested to know what settings you used!!

Need to earn shed loads of credits then (about 400,000 in the bank) - whats the best event or special event that pays the most? (Level 20 at the moment)

Have you done all the ring challenges in Special? Those can rack you up quite a bit of cash if you get the golds

Has anone had a play with GT5's photomode?

Some of the pics currently on the forum on GTPlanet.com are fantastic!

Thread is HERE

Here's a small handful of pics I liked - note these are all off the game - some photoshopped, but they all originate from the game:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2458/toscanatarmac.jpg

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1425/nrburgringnordschleife1.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/960/859circuitdelasarthe200.jpg