The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't rush, it's pretty dull.

Uninspiring track, two Nissans, no damage, limited options, time trial only so you vs ghost car of yourself, minimal car setup and really annoying traction control on the road car that you can't turn off.

Ah yeah, it's just another GT Academy thing, fastest times on-line go through getting the chance to drive the real thing round the track, then the winners get a seat in a GT race.

I'll have a go but I don't have the patience to get that last 0.1 seconds faster.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm absolutely loving Forza. I can't say it is better than GT5 but it is certainly better than any of the previews I have played from GT5.

I still can't say it won't be better though. IMO it will, and that is what has caused the further delays. Forza is so awesome that they had to make GT5 awesomer!

That is what I am holding out for anyway.

The annoying thing is that regardless, GT5 sales will still be record breaking. Perhaps if it wasn't based on the reputation they would have got their finger out by now.

I don't really care about GT5, it's not what I bought my PS3 for though no doubt I'll get it when it's finally released.

Am actually more looking forward to Final Fantasy.

Quite liking the look of Bayonetta too.

I've no doubt I will get GT5 but I am wondering what I'm missing with Forza.

• 7 months later...

3 editions of GT5 announced at E3 earlier this month

Bog standard

Collectors Edition (89 euros)

Ultimate Edition (189 euroes)

http://www.gtplanet.net/two-collectors-editions-planned-for-gran-turismo-5/

Release still isn't pushed back yet.

Come October it's a real game fest for the PS3 :

22nd October - Fallout Vegas

5th-10th November - Gran Turismo 5, Motorstorm 3, Little Big Planet 3.

May be quite broke...

• 2 months later...

I can see it being a flop now, to much hype and it won't live up to expectations. Also I reckon the graphics will struggle to be any good if it was developed in 2006, just look at the differences in the need for speed games since the ps3 has come out.

I can see it being a flop now, to much hype and it won't live up to expectations. Also I reckon the graphics will struggle to be any good if it was developed in 2006, just look at the differences in the need for speed games since the ps3 has come out.

Graphics aren't an issue, check out some of the footage on YouTube :cool:

The demo footage always seems to be better than the actual gameplay I find, it would need to be better than gt5 prologue, I love GT but after waiting since the ps3 came out for it i've starting to wonder if it'll ever come out.

I maybe buying an xbox this Xmas for forza 3 :(

I maybe buying an xbox this Xmas for forza 3 :(

Forza 3 is excellent but the game layout is pants. imo

Some of the handling seems a bit iffy as well... For example, the RZ Supra, watching it accelerate... I swear they got it wrong and it's actually an SZ!

Just won a tenner at the bookies for that one :D

Semi happy days I suppose.

:( dagnamit, I'm soooo mad I could crush a small purple fruit!!! I've got the money together to buy a ps3 to replace the one that broke last month. oh yeah, that was the one I bought 2 1/2 years ago just to play prologue. gt5 was estimated to be out within 6months. I'm gutted because I'm considering an xbox and giving up on sony and gt5 out of principle..........but I know I can't.................to$$ers

At least they are bound to give us plenty of free upgrades/downloads to say thankyou for being so loyal. Also nice to know it will now come straight out in platinum at £19.99, and they will pay my mortgage off..........back in the room.