The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

the only race car i have seen in used section was over 5million, and it wasn't under a 1979 so wouldnt be able to use it in historic race, i'm not going through the whole game again just to buy a car you can only use in 1 race!

I thought that was the whole point of Gran Turismo series, I recall on GT4 there was one race that was easy to win once you got the right car, every time you won you were awarded a special car that could be sold for loads of credit which you could then use to buy other stuff :search:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much reached my limit with this game now, level 21 and stuck!! they don't give you the cars to be able to compete in races, Nascar championship (extreme) is impossible (using a camry), no competitive car for the Historic races (expert) or Like the Wind (extreme). have silver in most of the upper level licences, gold in upto IA. just finding it extremely frustrating and unenjoyable now, and still no RZ!!!

I'm at exactly the same point, I'm at level 21 and to progress any further I need about 10 million, which would require me doing the tuner championship 43 times, I cannot be bothered, I've given up on it.

Oh and the cars that are all competetive in the 'Gone like the Wind' are level 23, how the hell am I supposed to do that at level 21 :shrug:

I thought that was the whole point of Gran Turismo series, I recall on GT4 there was one race that was easy to win once you got the right car, every time you won you were awarded a special car that could be sold for loads of credit which you could then use to buy other stuff :search:

Yes, but GT5 will not award a car more than once and it is always worth fook all, most expensive car I've won was worth £90k

I'm at exactly the same point, I'm at level 21 and to progress any further I need about 10 million, which would require me doing the tuner championship 43 times, I cannot be bothered, I've given up on it.

Oh and the cars that are all competetive in the 'Gone like the Wind' are level 23, how the hell am I supposed to do that at level 21 :shrug:

have you done the historic in expert yet?

Needed a MR race car so had to buy a new one. Turns out it wasn't fast enough so I pimped it. Then it turns out its not fast enough for the all in balls out, up against cars you can't buy cos they're to expensive and not available when you need them series. So I buy the fastest thing I could find in the new car section for level 20. Turns out it's not fast enough. So I pimped that and it's still not fast enough and now I have no money. :(........ and breathe.

got a m3 u can use if u want to trade?

have you done the historic in expert yet?

Nope, I have a Ferrari Boxer and a Countach, neither of which were competitive, even after tuning, basically I need a Ferrari 330 P4(which is £20,000,000) or a Ford GT40(which I haven't even seen for sale yet) and I know the reward will be cr@p.

It's the same with the expert AllStars championship, I have a Veyron tuned to the max and it is just obliterated on the twisties, the only way of winning(which I managed on 1 race) is to get the gearing right, out accelerate at the start and then spend the entire race blocking the other cars.

Needed a MR race car so had to buy a new one. Turns out it wasn't fast enough so I pimped it. Then it turns out its not fast enough for the all in balls out, up against cars you can't buy cos they're to expensive and not available when you need them series. So I buy the fastest thing I could find in the new car section for level 20. Turns out it's not fast enough. So I pimped that and it's still not fast enough and now I have no money. :(........ and breathe.

As soon as I have mine on the network I can lend you my Ferrari 458, It's well tuned and won me the championship :)

Your a diamond.

This is what I bought for the GT All Stars. Pimped to the max:d

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=123688&d=1291128344

And this is what I'm up against.:(

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=123689&d=1291128344

No worries, it slipped my mind, but I actually have one of those new McLarens for the MR, it's rather fast, I've had it at 225mph and still pulling stong on a shorter ratio :blink: and quite responsive in the corners(can kick out a little on the exit sometimes though), it's a lot quicker than the Ferrari anyway, it'll walk the MR cup :)

I'm guessing the Skyline was no match for the bentley then :(, I'm going to see if I can play with the suspension on the Veyron but I think I'm in a losing battle.

No worries, it slipped my mind, but I actually have one of those new McLarens for the MR, it's rather fast, I've had it at 225mph and still pulling stong on a shorter ratio :blink: and quite responsive in the corners(can kick out a little on the exit sometimes though), it's a lot quicker than the Ferrari anyway, it'll walk the MR cup :)

I'm guessing the Skyline was no match for the bentley then :(, I'm going to see if I can play with the suspension on the Veyron but I think I'm in a losing battle.

I've done the MR series its the GT All Stars I'm struggling with.:D

Anybody see the JZA80 Supra in the Game? Used Cars section I presume it only pops-up

I also got the full titanium exhaust for the Rx7 but the car still has the standard exhaust on the rear it never changed even though it is installed :(

Because you probably bought the RX7 used, which means it's a standard model. Only cars from the dealership can be modified.

Time to cut the GT5 makers a little slack. I just read how many cars this game has. Now, I know a lot of you will know how many there are, but seriously.... have you seen the list? It doesn't actually bring home the magnitude of this game until you see the car list. I think we have to stop whining about the lack of premium cars now, it takes weeks to get 1 car to a premium standard.

Anyway... the list...

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33712