The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

Here are few pictures of the mkiv members during a private race online last night.

probrox

fizzle

RobD

blueangel

roberta

foggy147

Personally I think the online gaming works very well. I don't think anyone got kicked off or had any problems. However there isn't a simple option to invite friends in, and could do with some more handy features for instance, an option for the host to be able to stop foggy from just starting the race when ever he feel likes it button :)

We will see tonight how it copes with 16 participants.

attachment.php?attachmentid=123581&d=1290949283

attachment.php?attachmentid=123582&d=1290949283

attachment.php?attachmentid=123583&d=1290949283

attachment.php?attachmentid=123586&d=1290949519

attachment.php?attachmentid=123587&d=1290949519

attachment.php?attachmentid=123588&d=1290949519

attachment.php?attachmentid=123584&d=1290949283

attachment.php?attachmentid=123589&d=1290949519

attachment.php?attachmentid=123590&d=1290949519

attachment.php?attachmentid=123591&d=1290949692

attachment.php?attachmentid=123592&d=1290949692

attachment.php?attachmentid=123593&d=1290949692

attachment.php?attachmentid=123594&d=1290949692

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried I'd be disappointed with GT5 but in fact I'm really impressed with it! Even the online is superb! We had a right good laugh on there last night :D

A little quote from Fizzle I liked " when you want to ram someone, you want to ram them don't ya! " :D

I'm loving this game...

Its a bit confusing why some cars aren't damageable, and things are restricted to premium cars etc.. it must have been a time resource thing rather than a hardware related reason.. then again thats a bit odd considering they took 5 years to develop it... but that means they could release future updates enabling more premium cars that have detailed damage?

I dont find the load times too bad, I did opt to install files on the HD tho?

Just did a couple of races in a 97 MR2 turbo.

Anyone else driven this car that has owned a tubby? I can't get over the dissimilar handling of it. In the game the MR2 is an absolute dream to drive, takes the corners smoothly and when it steps out it is very easy to control and hold.

The real deal would have me dead off the finish line. Not sure what gives there. I'll need to check that I had all the aids off, I turned them off on previous cars but can't be sure if I did it with the MR2 or if it has defaulted.

Just did a couple of races in a 97 MR2 turbo.

Anyone else driven this car that has owned a tubby? I can't get over the dissimilar handling of it. In the game the MR2 is an absolute dream to drive, takes the corners smoothly and when it steps out it is very easy to control and hold.

The real deal would have me dead off the finish line. Not sure what gives there. I'll need to check that I had all the aids off, I turned them off on previous cars but can't be sure if I did it with the MR2 or if it has defaulted.

Maybe your a rubbish driver in person scott...lol... Just messing bud i wouldnt have a clue :D

Maybe your a rubbish driver in person scott...lol... Just messing bud i wouldnt have a clue :D

That's a given but the MK2 MR2 is called the widowmaker for a reason ;)

Due to it being mid engined if the back end steps out it becomes VERY hard to keep control of. It isn't a drifting car like front engine RWD cars. It handles like it is on rails for the best part but cross the line on the limit of grip and it's like dicing with death.

The control I had over it in the game was sublime though, I could hold it through HUGE slides.

Had about an hour on it this evening, liking it alot so far but as with any GT game it takes a while to build up everything :thumbs:

Graphics are really good, an improvement over gt5p, not sure whether there has been major changes with the physics of the game.

All in all managed to get upto level7.

And why can't you upgrade the brakes either, that's a major fail IMO.

Overall it feels a bit incomplete yet they have spent 5 years on it, I don't understand it TBH.

You can upgrade the brakes... but only on some cars apparently.

I agree though, for 5 years in the making it seems a little unfinished with the premium/non-premium cars.

just did the tour thing in the special events, how the hell can you see anything on the night Toscana race in the Lambo that handles like it's on ice? The lift off oversteer on the thing is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it doesn't handle like that in real life. I also found that the road lights up more when you have dipped beam on, and main beam seems to get darker. Also if you're using the cockpit view, the lights are useless, you need to be in the old front/low view to see where you're going.

Anyone managed to get gold on it, I just scraped bronze.