The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing this now and am a tad dissapointed imo, mainly due to lack of cars that you can actually have in-car views of and visually modify, I have to constantly be checking the used car place for cars as not a huge amount are available in the dealerships, also you can tell it was put together a while back as some of the latest cars aren't on it yet the older models are.

And why can't you upgrade the brakes either, that's a major fail IMO.

Overall it feels a bit incomplete yet they have spent 5 years on it, I don't understand it TBH.

What level do you have to be to buy it? How much is it too? I keep refraining from spending my hard earned credits because knowing my luck a supe will turn up when I spend too much.

I'm guessing its the RZ you got?

Yes. it turned up after I had got:

Gold in all of the beginner series

Gold in all of the amateur series (apart from sport truck)

Gold in all of the professional series

Also, but don't think this applies gold in all of the first two licences.

I can't remember how much it was (it wasn't much) or what level you need to be at, but if it only appears after doing that little lot then your be able to buy it straight away. I think your going to need about 200,000 credits if you want to put all the mods on straight away.

if anyone comes across an rz in used car, can u grab me one and send as gift, i will give a car worth more sell value of what you paid for it!!

I'll keep an eye out incase another one pops up. I take PayPal :)

Few pics of the RZ I've just acquired !

722 BHP with all mods done cost me 1/4 mil but hey it was worth it !

already won the tuned car series with her (incase you're wondering I have a stock bodied silver GZ in RL)

(not a bad lead considering the competition I flew past from the standing start !)

will have to have a forum competition maybe for fastest lap of each circuit in a tuned RZ ?

love the game btw in case you hadn't guessed, shame it took so long to release :(

Nice pics lol. 720bhp I'm 30bhp down, I'll have to take it back to my engine builder and get it checked over.

Out of interest what had you done to get yours?

Just did all the mods possible inc oil change (mine has 5000 or so kms on the clock don't know if that makes a difference ?) didn't do an engine rebuild as figured at 5000 kms wouldn't make much difference :shrug:

New patch out now:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-v1-02-update-available-for-download/

As was quickly reported here in our forums, the latest 1.02 update for Gran Turismo 5 has just made available for download. 1.02 allows the game to take advantage of Polyphony Digital’s upgraded server infrastructure while enabling maximum power and weight restrictions for online races.

This is apparently the November 27th update that Yamauchi mentioned to Eurogamer, which will “double” the game’s online capacity from 500,000 to one million simultaneous connections.

Getting this today hopefully.

I was playing prologue last night, I must say I absolutely hate the menu system. I'm hoping the proper version is a LITTLE more polished than that. Going from one race to the next is tedious to say the least.

Looking forward to it regardless :)

Getting this today hopefully.

I was playing prologue last night, I must say I absolutely hate the menu system. I'm hoping the proper version is a LITTLE more polished than that. Going from one race to the next is tedious to say the least.

Looking forward to it regardless :)

Yeah menu and garage layout is crap compared to the old one.

Damage update

For those of you (me included) who have been disappointed with the lack of damage on the cars fear not. Just started the expert series and noticed damage has increased some what, plus it's becoming easier to roll the car with some quite dramatic end over end roll overs. Perhaps in the extreme series we will see this increase to bits falling off.

Anyway here are some picks of my Supe a little bit worst for ware.

After a scrape with the barrier

attachment.php?attachmentid=123548&d=1290865504

attachment.php?attachmentid=123549&d=1290865504

Coming back down for a hard landing

attachment.php?attachmentid=123550&d=1290865504

Maybe not over it goes again

attachment.php?attachmentid=123551&d=1290865504

The end result

attachment.php?attachmentid=123552&d=1290865504

attachment.php?attachmentid=123553&d=1290865578

attachment.php?attachmentid=123554&d=1290865578