The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT5 discussion thread

caseys

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im playing it and to be honest was expecting alot more , there was supposed to be damage and i was really looking forward to maybe a repair function i feel let down at the minute

No... damage... model...?

*checks watch*

Nope, it's not 1996? I don't understand.

No... damage... model...?

*checks watch*

Nope, it's not 1996? I don't understand.

Hmmm word is it does have damage, you just need to unlock it:blink:

http://boards.ign.com/teh_vestibule/b5296/197898093/p1/?4

Another thread here also suggesting its locked (for now) and will suddenly become available later in the game.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132933

And another here suggesting it might be in an update

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/4724/sony-more-damage-features-coming-to-gt5?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=features

I did notice last night that scratches are appearing on cars when hit and managed to roll the car. I have a roll over trophy to prove it.:D

I dont understand about this damage model thing.

I rolled my evo last night coming too quick over a crest and bumper, wings and bonnet were hanging off with shrapnal down the road...

I went into GT auto afterwards and needed 40k to repair the rigidity etc.

Are you using a car which doesnt feature damage modelling other than scratches and scrapes etc?

I dont understand about this damage model thing.

I rolled my evo last night coming too quick over a crest and bumper, wings and bonnet were hanging off with shrapnal down the road...

I went into GT auto afterwards and needed 40k to repair the rigidity etc.

Are you using a car which doesnt feature damage modelling other than scratches and scrapes etc?

Possibly, I've only noticed light scratches. I was trying to find out the reason why it doesn't appear to have any after reading blueangles and iancs comments. What level are you on? perhaps you've unlocked it and not realised:confused:

Possibly, I've only noticed light scratches. I was trying to find out the reason why it doesn't appear to have any after reading blueangles and iancs comments. What level are you on? perhaps you've unlocked it and not realised:confused:

Are you using a non-premium car? AFAIK it's only these that have the damage and the standard cars only get scratches etc.

Guest blueangel

yeah im only using a standard car, bit good aint it only when you spend serious money on your cars do they get damaged.When i heard gt5 was going to have damage i thought wow finally a realistic driving game where when you hit the barrier at 80 it puts you out of the game and you dont just bounce off.As fantastic as the game looks im not seeing the perfection that 5 years should have brought and im a huge GT fan had every single one so far.

I like it so far, graphics are beautiful in GT5; one thing I would critise for a younger gamer is the complexity to navigate the menu's. it is not intuitive at all and the load times of even just the cars in the dealerships pictures loading is ridicolous never mind the races.

Last night I tried to exit the A Spec race to the home menu, the PS took 5 mins to return to the menu. I was discussing with my mate if the Game had crashed but we decided to leave it incase it did not fully save, then 5 mins later the home menu appears. I am not impressed (I have pre-installed as recommended)

AI is crap, non existant; but physics , graphics , tuning and shear potential of the game is there. I would recommend it but I am currently trying to figure out how to play it online, the menu's are very confusing.

I alos had a go at the drifting last night, man is that tricky; but I was surprised at how heavy the cars feel between one another. For example the lastest BMW M3 felt like a big fat ass, you really needed to pull on the E Brake to get its ass to step out but in comparison to the AEM S2000, just pop the E Brake and she will step out, very agile and light; just my rear tyre choice let me down. I taught I would run the lowest grip rears but it was to my peril, just keeps spinning out 90% of the time but for that instance you get her just right and feather the throttle throught the sweeping bend makes it all worth while.

So far I would give it 7/10 but regardless of the AI its all about online, real people driving, real human mistakes you just cant get with any AI. I dont really blame them not focusing on the AI.

With a few updates and improvements hopefully in the following months I can really see this game becoming 'The Driving Simulator'

On a side note I presume you can only get the JZA80 Supra in used Cars, I only see the Toms Supra in the Dealerships?

In the News section, there was a message explaining that the game uses network connection even when playing the game 'normally' - i.e. when you wouldn't expect it to require anything from the network. As the game has just been released, they said they were experiencing a massive amount of traffic on their servers and this was the cause of the painfully slow response form the game when going from one screen to another. They are taking steps to try to fix this issue.

I noticed it was much better last night than on Wednesday night.

Apparently the damage model will be being improved in the coming weeks too. I've seen damage on a new Camaro I was driving at Monza on Wednesday night - nothing too serious, bumper and bonnet damage from when I ran into the back of a Viper in the wet.

So far I don't see it as a huge step up from prologue, but the physics is definitely better and the differences between cars that in the past may have behaved similar to each other can now be quite noticeable. Road surfaces can make quite a difference too.

Haven't had too much opportunity to get very far in it yet, but the more time I spend on it the better it seems to get....

read today that sony are saying unplug network cable when playing offline to keep the speed up rather then have it slowing down.

Got a go on it yesterday...sometimes I think wow!! other times i think wtf.

Wow

* Graphics

* potential

* cars

* tracks

wtf

* Damage limited to certain models

* apparently not all cars have in car dashs done

* Some tracks do not see m to have as high track detail

It just feels incomplete, bit gutted this was the game to make me buy a PS3...now i just dont know :(

Cant comment on handling as was only usign a controller and handling should be designed for a steering wheel.