The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap as Chips headunit

Matt H

My GF's mum's car still has an old tape player single DIN stero unit fitted.

Just out of random conversation, she mentioned that she would love a CD player, but being an older lady with no idea about technology she was of the opinion is wasn't possible.

So.. I want to give her a nice suprise by fitting a CD player for her without her knowing.

I just want a basic CD player and FM radio unit as anything else will be just lost on her. As cheap as possible, and as simple as possible, but it has to be half decent at the same time. I don't want loads of functions, but it must work well at the same time.

Preferably in a dark colour, ideally black to fit with the rest of the dash.

The cheapest new unit from a reputable brand that I have found on-line, which seems o.k, is £53.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kdcw313a.html

Anybody got any other ideas?

I'm happy to buy a second hand unit as long as it's in mint condition.

Ta

I have a Pioneer CD/Radio headunit that came out of the GF's car when she sold it. I was going to stick it on Ebay but I can get the model number and a photo or two for you if you want when I get home....

Yeah cool. Sounds good. How much are you looking at for it?

What's the condition like?

Ta

It should be in perfect condition as she only had it in there for about 4-5months. I've no idea what it is worth to be honest. I suppose it'd be nice to get £50 to give her for it :shrug:

That would also save me the hassle of fitting it into her mother's car ;)

It should be in perfect condition as she only had it in there for about 4-5months. I've no idea what it is worth to be honest. I suppose it'd be nice to get £50 to give her for it :shrug:

That would also save me the hassle of fitting it into her mother's car ;)

I'll see what the model is etc but that's probably slightly on the high side price wise for what i'm after. Never say never though :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.