The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Two Water Injection Nozzles/Jets

dandan

Only one at the moment but I have a couple more which I intend to setup.

I have a single .7mm before the throttle and was planning to add one just after the IC, apparently the one after the IC will aid charge cooling while the one before the throttle aids in cyclinder temps.

Loads of info on the aquamist forums along with some crazy setups :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies guys. My original plan was one jet near the TB with the option of moving it nearer the intercooler to see what happens.

I'm thinking that one at the TB and one on the U bend IC outlet pipe would probably be a better starting point. TR - what size jets do you have at each location and are they fed from the same pump and line?

Thanks for the replies guys. My original plan was one jet near the TB with the option of moving it nearer the intercooler to see what happens.

I'm thinking that one at the TB and one on the U bend IC outlet pipe would probably be a better starting point. TR - what size jets do you have at each location and are they fed from the same pump and line?

I think i have either .4 or .6 in both locations, the one after the IC is intended for charge cooling and the one at the TB is for in cylinder cooling/det suppression.

I mainly changed to two smaller jets because the atomisation on the larger jets is no that good ( even with aquamist high pressure pump)

I think i was using either .8 or 1.0 jets to start and i found that ic caused the engine too feel a bit flat on occasion.

But it does depend on the system you're using as mine is mappable IE an injector duty cycle can be changed at different RPM/boost.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any Aquamist jets they want to sell? I have 0.7 - 1.0mm jets but I suspect they will be way too big to use for a twin jet install as the 0.7mm flows 270cc/min on its own!

I reckon I need a 0.4 and a 0.6 but if anyone has a 0.5mm I would consider that too.

My plan was to run a dedicated tank in the boot but I think for now (in the name of getting things setup in a sensible time frame) I will run off the washer tank. Once the car is back on the road I may revert to my original plan of a rear mounted tank and booster pump...

Cheers

Dan