The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Choices (NON SUPRA :( )

Guest The Flash

Definitely the type "R", my mate has one, are getting a bit common, though they were voted best hot hatch, 182 was 2nd i think, and with that v-tec engine, it just loves it post 6000 rpm!!! i personally think it looks like a bit of a door wedge :taped: but hey when you drive one you'll 4get about that! Try and get one with air con, cos they are an expensive optional extra.

Guest The Flash

Cheers for all the views and opinions :thanks:

Does resale value come into it for contract hire?

Not for the scheme I am on.... effectively I just pay for the depreciation and then hand the car back after 2 years (to start again).

In terms of value for money - I think the Golf is going to win "hands-down", as it's high re-sale value keeps the payments down. It is less a month than the 182 which is around £5k cheaper OTR!!!!

Cheers again

Flash :thumbs:

for me it would be the CTR, arguably the clio is a better car to drive but i have 2 problems with it 1. its build quality is terrible and 2. its too small (but thats just me)

when i drove my mates CTR i found it great fun, the steering is a little vague but the Vtec lump is a superb engine and its handling is fantastic.

Guest The Flash

Suppose I get the award for being "just that little bit stupid!!" :thanku:

The monthy payments for a GT TDi are around £250 for 18 Mths (PLus a £500 up-front charge).... so me thinks along the lines of...... £250 for an £18k car..... Clio, ST a bit cheaper .... nice one ...... sorted..... OH NO!!!

Got the quotes for the others yesterday :

CTR - £398 per month (Total for 2 Yrs £10k+)

182 - £371 (Total £9.5k)

ST - £390 (Total £10k)

Golf GTi £500 (Total £13k)

Mmmm? and at the end of all these you give the car back? :p

Still - am happy with the Golf figures and it apprantly got a good review on 5th gear the other night (I didnt see it)

Oh well :violin:

Flash

Guest The Flash
Golf GTi is getting good reviews all round - I'd go for one with DSG though ;) :D

Afraid I can only get the GT TDi - still gets good reviews though - but is a galaxy far far away from the Supe!

Maybe when the force overcomes the dark-side (Or my other half relents a little), I shall return to the teachings of Yoda ;) and once again be able to dismiss Chav Vader in his Death Corsa!

** My god it's going to be a long day in the office **

That TDi is so cheap to hire and so cheap to run you wont notice the fact its not a supe. My daily drudge into work and back was only made better by the fact that I knew the minutes I sat at a standstill on the motorway next to various mercs and BM's etc was costing me a fraction of what it was costing everyone else. You can and will extract fun from driving any given vehicle, you'll just have to do it at lower speeds. With a turbo diesel motor keeping the power singing from it will in itself be a challenge. We all find our challenges in different places, just look on the bright side and find your challenge with this car.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Flash

Well, it's been a while since I looked forward to driving my own car, but at the weekend I ordered a new 3 Dr Golf GT TDI in Diamond Black :clap:

Will be the first time I have had a "NEW" car - and I have to say...... it feels good!

Dont know on delivery yet - no more than 8 weeks apparantly! Will continue to pay my fees and keep tabs on the Supra gang though.

Cheers

Flash :cool: