The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Choices (NON SUPRA :( )

Guest The Flash

Guest The Flash

Hi all

Well, seems like an age since I sold the Supra to China Man (Sounds like he is giving it the mods I always wanted to :thanks: ) - and I now find myself only a few weeks away from being able to order a new motor!

I am going down the PCH road (Private Contract Hire), and am looking at the following new cars.....

Golf GT TDi (I know - a diesel!!)

Fiesta ST

Clio 182

Civic Type R

I know this is a Supra site - but you people always seem to know your stuff on every motor ever mentioned - so ....

Does anyone have any experiance / knowledge / opinions on any of the above?

Cheers

Flash :D

ps To those who remember - I think I did ask a similar question before - but was then going for an older second hand motor !!

From the cars on your list I'd go with either the Golf or the Civic but have you considered the Audi A3 2.0 turbodiesel? I was really impressed with the one we used a few times. They've got sooo much torque, and they're nice inside too.

The CTR need thrashing to an inch of its life to make it go, gets a bit tiresome.

Despite dealers and build, I'd take the 182, its the best all round package and is no slower than a CTR, plus it doesn't look like a people carrier. Evo rates the Clio higher than the Civic too........

CTR all the way. Had one in the states before I went to Japan. More parts available for less and responds very well to bolt ons. Tons of information available. Bolt on a 5psi turbo and have fun... The only question you have to ask yourself is.... do I mind seeing cars like mine almost daily? One more reason I love my supra.....

182 Clio :)

You need a mullet and an ego that makes you think you know about cars but you dont to drive a CTR...

Plus why does everyone seem to sell their CTR after a month of buying one new to buy a scooby?????

Good work fella, obviously I'm not the only one that caves into the bollux hype.

How many of you recommending the CTR have actually spent time driving one?

How many of you recommending the CTR have actually spent time driving one?

*hand*

And the 182 - it really didn't impress me I'm afraid. I've also been in a chipped GTI (I think it was red T and i) and while it was impressive it was too smooth and refined to be fun, like a standard Supra I guess ;)

*hand*

And the 182 - it really didn't impress me I'm afraid. I've also been in a chipped GTI (I think it was red T and i) and while it was impressive it was too smooth and refined to be fun, like a standard Supra I guess ;)

I read an article about the resale on them 182's recently and the re-sale value on them was diabolical after 3 years. So its OK if you want a 3 year old one not so clever if you are buying new. On a positive note it did earn the best review over the astra and fiesta stop of the range sport models.