The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wasps in house

Tom

This is getting annoying, I seem to find and have to get rid of around 6-8 wasps a day from my upstairs bathroom and I have no idea where they are coming in from :blink:, I close the door, close the windows(had the windows closed for days now) then i'll open the door an hour later and they'll be a load of them crawling along the floor or flying up against the windows :(

It's been like this for about 3 weeks now! and I had to get rid of about 10 yesterday!.

I've only been stung once so far but I have been letting them walk on my hand before letting them fly out the window

Not sure what to do tbh!

Fire seems like the sensible option, it never fails.

Good luck shifting them though, hope you don't get stung on your dinkle.

Maybe they live in the shower head and are planning a mass attack at some point?

Do you have a vent into the bathroom?

Seal the door and smoke bomb them?

You may have a nest in the loft......Have a look.

You can buy a foam spray at most garden centers ( about a tenner) which you cover the nest with & it kills the lot in a couple of days.

I had a large wasps nest last year between the eves & the roof. little buggers were everywhere.

BTW don't bother trying to phone the council........they want stupid money to deal with wasps nests

Fire seems like the sensible option, it never fails.

Good luck shifting them though, hope you don't get stung on your dinkle.

Maybe they live in the shower head and are planning a mass attack at some point?

Do you have a vent into the bathroom?

Seal the door and smoke bomb them?

Thanks

no vents in but will check everywhere closely :)

Our old Karabash was an EXPERT at catching wasps out of the air, in her front teeth. She must have killed hundreds, we gave up worrying about her getting stung on the tongue in the end. It used to amaze people who hadn't seen her party trick before. She just dropped the remains on the ground and went looking round for another kill. Sadly she's long gone now, catching more in doggie heaven :) Wouldn't catch a stick or a ball though, zero interest in conventional dog play ;)

Do you have a loft? Sorry for an obvious question but you don't think you've got a nest up there or in the roof somewhere do you?

We had the same situation at work - myself and the lady I worked with had about 6 or 7 coming down everyday.

We used to steer them towards the window and get them out but I swear it was the same ones out on their jollies and then coming back down through the ceiling again. Very annoying.

They can squeeze through remarkably small holes! If you are patient you should be able to find the general area where they appear from, then a proper search should reveal the hole or gap. As Charlotte says, an attic or loft is favourite, if you can get up there with a torch and a wasp's nest killer aerosol you should be able to wreak havoc :)

Won't they attack you like in them there films though? And continue attacking even when you jump in the lake?

possibly! :D

Yeah we have a loft, there must be a small hole somewhere :)

I set the video camera up and 1 wasp was caught on film :p, I just need to review the footage and see where it appears from :D

i forgot to put the bin out one week. so i put the old bag out the back porch (which i never use) till the next week.

So i go the next week to pull it out and there is maggots all over. lmao. brilliant. so i cleaned it all up and put the bin out. Then a week later i go in there to get something and there is fecking flys everywhere! about 20 of them. was disgusting lol.

Couldnt work out where they came from then i realised they had crawled under my car washing bucket and then hatched!

The cats enjoyed cathing the ones that escaped into the house though when i opened the door :p

So i emptied most of a can of raid into the room deleted . :p