The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BIG intake manifold with 100mm throttle body.

original_amo

sorry dude i did post this post up!

OK I'm not going to turn this into a big deal. Amo sold this to someone else after I called dibbs, thats fine because I can see he wasn't sure if I wanted it or not but I would have thought calling dibbs while you ask a question is fair enough. The person I would blame is whoever bought it knowing another club member was wanting it and 'got there' first, obviously did the sneaky move of pm'ing Amo still what goes round comes round.

OK I'm not going to turn this into a big deal. Amo sold this to someone else after I called dibbs, thats fine because I can see he wasn't sure if I wanted it or not but I would have thought calling dibbs while you ask a question is fair enough. The person I would blame is whoever bought it knowing another club member was wanting it and 'got there' first, obviously did the sneaky move of pm'ing Amo still what goes round comes round.

I agree...."dibs" is always used on this site to reserve an item you are interested in.....

Its not always possible to say i'll buy it straight off before asking a few questions so calling dibs seems to be the fair way to give someone a chance to get the info they need.

Shame really.....

This happended to me too, a lot of this going around.

I agree...."dibs" is always used on this site to reserve an item you are interested in.....

Its not always possible to say i'll buy it straight off before asking a few questions so calling dibs seems to be the fair way to give someone a chance to get the info they need.

Shame really.....

This happended to me too, a lot of this going around.

There's also a hell of a lot of people doing "dibbs" and then not completing the sale.

Money secures a deal, a "dib" doesn't.

I will remember that in future when I keep bits for members who are checking it will be OK for their car, from now on I will accept the offers from the gazumpers, sorry guys but this is how it seems to be going.:(

I will remember that in future when I keep bits for members who are checking it will be OK for their car, from now on I will accept the offers from the gazumpers, sorry guys but this is how it seems to be going.:(

Dont let one sh!t deal change the way u run your business fella..... you know how its meant to be done ;)

Nah surely you're too good a bloke for that dude. I admit I don't know where the gentlemenly behaviour has gone sometimes on this part of the forum. I've had two bits I was interested in been sold underneath my feet.

That and you can most likely answer all the questions of 'will that fit on my spec' for the buyers anyway :D

But your a harsh man my little spanish friend!!!!:blink:

Nope, I'm a realist. As much as club spirit is great there is a line. There is a growing habit of people asking for dibbs and never getting back to you, even to say they don't want it anymore. Meanwhile the people that have cash go elsewhere. Personally, I will hold things for a week and answer all questions, but after that it's 1st come 1st serve. Tescos certainly won't dibbs my food :p

Nope, I'm a realist. As much as club spirit is great there is a line. There is a growing habit of people asking for dibbs and never getting back to you, even to say they don't want it anymore. Meanwhile the people that have cash go elsewhere. Personally, I will hold things for a week and answer all questions, but after that it's 1st come 1st serve. Tescos certainly won't dibbs my food :p

They will if you order on line!!!!:cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.