The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has the longest commute to work

hogmaw

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99 or 101 miles per day, depending if I stop off at the café or not (So most likely 101 miles per day ;)) - Occasionally 1140 milesish (As the crow flies, but I guess planes pretty much do that ;)) - When I'm summoned to Switzerland :D

EDIT : Forgot the times lol : About 45 mins each way for the local commute on a good day. Depends on the weather, middle lane c0ck$, flourescent jacketed wombles, and anyone else who won't get out of my way :) - 5-10 minutes in the café depending on the queue and how long I have to chat to the fag-ash Lil's so I get a free tea, and free marmite on my toast :) - Pimpin' is easy, it's just horrible with them ;)

Now its a 15min walk

That's all mine used to be, I even moved and got a flat near to work so I could do it (Well, there was no parking unless you were 'important' (Eagle Tower in Cheltenham for the locals))... Then we got moved to Bishops Cleeve, which annoyed me slightly. I'd just moved from there.

So I took a job in Bristol, the distance was much further, but I carshare (Well, I drive, the passenger holds on for dear life, unless I'm hungover, and I sleep :p - Oh, she drives in that case :)) so the cost isn't much more, and the time's not much longer.

Unless it's slightly wet and some idiot thinks he's a traffic officer and decides to control the traffic by doing 50 in lane 3 :( - Or someone towing a caravan slams on their brakes and swerves to miss a puddle, or a catseye. or tarmac, or whatever makes them crash so much ;)

Waffle over, I feel a bit better now :D

Jane had 18 months doing a 168 mile round trip, Whitchurch to Glossop, every weekday, in an old Fiat Panda (I know, I spoil her, a motorbike would have been even more economical...). Some very busy motorway, some rural, some busy town. She was in work for 8.30 and left at 6.10. She was looking for another job after 6 months :) Now it's just 20 / 25 minutes each way to Telford, and the pay is better. Needs to be as she now uses a bloody turbo Skyline and a 4 litre petrol Jeep. Women......

Me? Err it's 7 miles each way to the pub, terrible huh? ;)

About 10 minutes to train station car park, 5 minute walk, 15 minutes train journey, 15 minutes to cross the border from Hong Kong to China, 10 minute wait for company minibus, 40 minutes minibus to factory in north Shenzhen.... about 1:40hrs door to door.

6:00pm home time and do it all again but in reverse... :blink:

Oh the joy!

Hong Kong --> China --> Hong Kong... daily... do I win?