The mkiv Supra Owners Club

solid alloy gearshift bushes

mark uk manual

I fitted a pair of these solid bushes a while back and it made a massive difference on my 6 speed Supe.A worthy upgrade i reckon.

When i removed the bolts from my shifter fork, the stock rubber bushes simply fell apart.

How difficult a job is it to replace these bushes? Where do they go? Is it inside the car, transmission tunnel?

Sounds like a good mod :)

How difficult a job is it to replace these bushes? Where do they go? Is it inside the car, transmission tunnel?

Sounds like a good mod :)

Remembering rightly scott there for the 2 rubber bushes that secure your shifter fork to you transmission

Here u go peeps

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333065

When the factory rubber bushes were present my gear change felt sloppy + lose, and there was a fair bit of movement on the shifter.These solid shifter bushes tightend everything up and made for a more precise gear change. :)

And incase your wondering, you don't have to remove the gear box to fit them.Although it would make it a bit easier to remove the gearbox mount and mount bracket, to give easier access to the shifter fork.

As far i as know the 5 + 6 speed gearbox use the same shifter fork, so these solid bushes should be suitable for both transmissions :)

Good luck guys :thumbs:

i also fitted these on my 6sp as my original rubber bush's was falling apart, but be very careful i when i was pressing my new alloy bush's in it cracked the cradle so i had to get it welded with the new bush's in place, i do now have a spare cradle i bought for a spare.

But they do really make a big difference in the feel of the stick more positive.

noise, no diffeferent at all, vibration none but positive yes, it looks a pig to get to unless your taking the box out for a clutch change or rear selector seal like i did, well worth it, even bignum drove mine and said how much better it feels, and he dont like nothing i do so they must be good lol.

Seems a little naughty to copy someone else's work and sell it on, especially as Whifbitz is a trader on here too.

If he gets them anodised would that be OK ???? I doubt paul developed them. You can bet your life that was done in the states, I make these out of nylon with a stainless bush.

If he gets them anodised would that be OK ???? I doubt paul developed them. You can bet your life that was done in the states, I make these out of nylon with a stainless bush.

I think the point is that a trader already sells an item like that. We are not allowed to sell items on the forum to make profit while there are traders offering those items (hence the group buy mechanism). Of course a 1 off is different as is taking a bit off your car to sell. Making something purely to sell for profit (sounds like £30 for something he got for next to nothing) should really go through the mods.

At least i THINK thats what he meant :D

I have two spare sets of AP Engineering shifter bushes which I never fitted to our two later cars as the old bushes were perfect and I couldn't be arsed with the hassle. :D If this supply runs out and anyone want one of my two spare pairs, just let me know.

I have two spare sets of AP Engineering shifter bushes which I never fitted to our two later cars as the old bushes were perfect and I couldn't be arsed with the hassle. :D If this supply runs out and anyone want one of my two spare pairs, just let me know.

Any chance you could measure them for me? Quite fancy making up a set for later in life, although i know i won't be going to the hassle of fitting them personally.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.