Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loving the work, mate! Really inspiring stuff, even if what you're inspiring is going to add lots of time (not to mention money) to my Supra build :p

Although, can I repay the favour and suggest welding all the unnecessary holes in the engine bay? :taped:

They arnt any unnessessery holes I spent about 6 weeks filling them. I left certain ones for specifics. Apart from that there all gone.

That's what we Like buddy, loads of pics lol

Wow great work hodge, those wheels look awesome mate, can't wait to see this when it's finished

loving those wheels mate :cool:

lookin good matey :thumbs:

Cheers guys. More work on it today. I don't start work til 9pm tonight so I'll get all day to work on it.

They arnt any unnessessery holes I spent about 6 weeks filling them. I left certain ones for specifics. Apart from that there all gone.

Whoops, now I look like a bell-end :s Sorry! I had another look at your bay pics, and I think I was referring to smoothing... I've been looking at lots of Civic bays, and they've fried my brain :(

Whats the status on the engine bud? ETA on fire up & list of things you need to complete on the engine before it's ready?

I'll be ordering the Syvecs and adaptor loom from Ryan in the next couple of weeks.

I've got a little soldering to do, fill it with oil and it's ready to fire. Before it's drivable though I need to change the diff oil, and bleed the clutch again. I'm not sure if I just havnt bled it off enough or there's an issue with it as it doesn't seem to be engaging correctly when I depress the pedal.

Thinking of heading over for the startup?

You can call over when it's running make cos if it all goes pear shaped on start up I'll be in a right rage lol.

Small update guys.

I'm going to give Ryan a call midweek next week to order the Syvecs. I've already got the adaptor harness on order which he estimated would take a couple of weeks to make, as I've asked him to make it to my spec with a few funky extra wires etc.

SOOOOOO, I'm hoping to have this running in a couple of weeks if all goes according to plan.

Firing day is getting ever closer I'm starting to change all the little bits that concern me.

When I fitted the -8AN fuel line it had a small crease in it as I mounted it up onto the chassis. Now even though the line is safe upto silly Bar of pressure I was concerned that over time it was going to burst. And seems it was directly above the exhaust thought it was a good idea to change it. Now I've had the fuel system primed already with no leaks but it was still in the back of my mind. So if not for just piece of mind, out it came tonight. I've fed the new line over the tank and down under the car. Going to finish it off tomorrow once I've got back in from the gym.

Here's the concerning crease in the line. Doesn't look bad but I was pretty paranoid about it to be honest.

I was just concerned it was going to pop on boost and empty my tank all over a hot exhaust.

I may even change the injector o-rings:d

The car is virtually ready to start apart from needing filling with oil. I've got a resistor pack and a couple more cables to wire into the loom adaptor Ryan is making up for me and it's ready to fire.

This weekend I'm going to remove the whole interior angina and clean it all down as it's covered in dust from the bodywork I did.

Think I'll get some oil at the weekend too, so I can see how the engine turns over. If I leave the ECU off to stop the fuel pump priming, and take the plugs out, then turn the car over it should (hopefully). Prime all the oil ways and lube the engine. Well either that of go crunch crunch bang lol.

great news :(, my show and shine 3 out 3 is going to be raped, unless i kink more hoses tonight :sly:

Well if it's not right it's shite lol. If I get to the stage where I'm priming the engine this weekend then I'll be over the moon. I've got a full day ahead on Bosscos supra Sunday too.

Yeah baby. Then our friend Rob up there has got another car to worry about steeling his precious show and shine trophys. :)

Well mate as long as it's not snowing I want yours as close to finished as possible really.

lol the north east's boys are going all out for these show and shine trophys hey lol

Ya not wrong there Steve. Wait til we've got you involved and blinged up chucking out big power, so we can take on these bloody southerners lol.