Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Passenger side is now in primer and drying as I type this.

Tomorrow the plan is to flat it all back in the morning. Then tomorrow night, refit the door, fit the catch tank and measure up for the lines from the bulkhead fittings to the tank.

Refit rear bumper and do some more engine bay tidy up.

Got a feeling it's going to be a long night.

nice mate, monster is your friend for these long nights. keep up the hard work mate,finish line is near

I'm off the monster Rob had none for almost a month now mate. Even the tower has gone lol.

Been really busy the last few days too. Finished work 5am this morning, straight in the garage until 10am then over to Bosscos to fit a bonnet and some bonnet pins for another member and a UK bonnet to bosscos car. Left there and am now back at work til 12pm. No sleep since 3pm on Thursday. I'm just running on hopes and dreams at the minuite mate for sure.

Will be awesome for you to turn the key. Hope it fires first time without a hitch bud :thumbs:

Cheers Matt, not as much as me mate that's for sure. I've total confidence in Ryans base map, I'm sure he will talk me through the start up process for the Syvecs. If it doesn't start it's going to me something really silly cos I've been mativulous with every part of it.

Guest samurai infidel

Is it going to be running by the time im home in March mate.

You know i'm coming up for a mooch.And a muffin of course

Had another marathon yesterday. Started at 4pm and emerged from the garage at 2.30am. Got loads done.

Flattened back all the rear arch and skirt.

Got the door, inner arch, and wing refitted.

Meshed the rear brake ducts.

Fitted the final bolts into the rear arch.

Tightened the crank pulley again.

Final fitted the front bumper.

The rear bumper isn't fastened down yet as I want to change the fuel line. When I installed it it was creased and I'm concerned that it's going to burst under load. Seems it's above the exhaust where it creased, if it does go I can imagine a very large bang. So even if just for piece of mind it's getting changed.

Here's a few pics of what happened last night.

Took it for an imagery ride too last night and this is what my boost gauge was reading :-)

Pushed the car out the garage so I could give the garage a good clean out.

Front bumper on and tucked away in the garage again.

Jesus you got some work done! That's miles more than it was yesterday afternoon mate. Miles!

She's a stunner mate, the end of the road is certainly nigh!

Want to crack on with it, before I get yours in cos is gone stop on mine until I get your beasty finished.

Great work again, can't wait to see the finished car, as I am sure you can't

Seeing it from the front makes me want to get my front on now, rather than whenever

Itsxnot going to be long now it's getting exciting. BUT I've felt like this a few times then I get my inspirational head on and end up doing something totally random and different that puts the car back a week or so lol. I just can't help myself.

Loving the work, mate! Really inspiring stuff, even if what you're inspiring is going to add lots of time (not to mention money) to my Supra build :p

Although, can I repay the favour and suggest welding all the unnecessary holes in the engine bay? :taped: