Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryan called in today, as was passing through. Had a chat about the car, and he recons the car will make a good 800hp. Was very pleased with that, even though I'm not sure if 800hp will be a little to much who knows.

He did make me laugh when thought the loom wasn't in yet lol. Guess I've done a good job of hiding that then lol.

Ryan called in today, as was passing through. Had a chat about the car, and he recons the car will make a good 800hp. Was very pleased with that, even though I'm not sure if 800hp will be a little to much who knows.

He did make me laugh when thought the loom wasn't in yet lol. Guess I've done a good job of hiding that then lol.

Great news matey. 800? Nice!

Coming along really well chap!!!

Workmanship looks excellent, wish I had the time an patience to undertake the same sort of thing.

Bet you will feel lost when it's finished, all that spare time lol

he will be in the gym! working off all the energy drinks and muffins his wife is feeding him on.

Be more of a sense of relief when it's done to be honest. Then I can spend some time on me. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy. I can't just tick over doing lots of different things, I usually throw myself into 1 thing and it gets a little obsessive lol.

he will be in the gym! working off all the energy drinks and muffins his wife is feeding him on.

On the wagon Rob. Had no monster for over a week now. Going cold turkey lol, no shakes or angry bursts yet though.

Bosscos coming over on Saturday. The cars getting pushed out the garage, the garage is getting a good dig out, monster tower is going in the bin, yes in the bin as I need the room and the cars going back in the other way around. It's going to be a full day and night session about 14 hrs or do so hopefully I'll have most of the passenger bodywork done by Sunday morning.

I'll be ordering the plug and play loom from Ryan in a week or so and I'll use that to solder all my bits into, so when I remove the engine from the car I can just unplug the loom instead of de-soldering stuff.

ha ha good man. i have bossco's stainless pipe coming soon so that should keep him motivated for when he is destroying the tower of good health... you should glue it together and ebay it off.

does that loom for the syvecs replace most of the engine loom? or do you run both together?

It's a plug and play adaptor mate. It plugs into the cars loom in the passenger footwell where the ECU goes and the Syvecs plugs into that as Ryan told me the Syvecs hasn't been released in plug and play form for the Supra yet.

ha ha good man. i have bossco's stainless pipe coming soon so that should keep him motivated for when he is destroying the tower of good health... you should glue it together and ebay it off.

does that loom for the syvecs replace most of the engine loom? or do you run both together?

Imagine if someone wants it from ebay and you had to take it down to the post office. "can I send this recorded delivery please" lMAO

When are you hoping to finish the build Hodge? Can't wait to see this car :)

Ideally I'd like it done by may for RSCS but I'm not sure if it's feasible really.

john quick question mate- what did you clean your head up with to get it clean like that?? page 50 i think lol. did you chuck it on the mop?

Mate if I give out all my secrets and ever start off a business I'll get no custom cos everyone will know my tricks lmao.

Only joking mate, you know me anything to help.

I started with valvoline engine degreaser and a lot of elbow grease to get the thick off. After I ported it I used a garden hose to clean it all out. Then used autosol and a dremel to polish the ports the hosed it again then cleaned it all down and dried it with a cloth. We've got a degreasing tank/steam cleaner tank at work but didn't know how hot I could let the head get before it distorted so didn't use it.

Great progress made tonight.

Drivers air rear air duct was meshed and a the backing vent was replaced.

Front drivers wing was re-adjusted so the line with the door is spot in.

Next onto the engine bay TIDY UP. Yep tidy up. I started to feel it was getting a little cluttered under the bonnet again so I've removed a fee things from the bulkhead into the compartment below the scuttle panel and back into the engine bay when it gets re-connected.

There's still the brake lines but they'll wait for another day. Bo rush for them.

Anyways here's some pics I'm sure you agree the bulkhead looks much better decluttered

After that the car was pushed out and turned round so I could start blending the passenger rear quarter in.

Right I'm off to sleep now as I'm up in less that 3hrs for work. Night campers.