The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

done it many times and earn nothing for it lol i dont care though i like helping people out.

good to hear you got the fuel leak sorted now john, then white runners are going to drive you insane with dust lol

Yeah I hear you Rob. It annoys me that people won't do anything for anyone unless it involves money. I'm big on helping people out. It makes the world a better place lol.

I'll have to find something to use on the runners to get in the fiddley bits haha.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The injectors were fitted with the O-rings that were supplied with then. These rings didn't fill the space on the injector top. It wasn't due to it being to narrow, I just had space to fit 2 O-rings on top of eachother for a better seal. On WOT you only increase pressure by a bar. I increased the static pressure to test the seals and had no leaks. No issues at all. There's no way I'd cut corners or do something that would risk an engine fire or worse just for a quick fix. It just wouldn't happen, I'm much more experienced than that.

i am just trying to help mate, we had customer who himself fitted some uprated injectors to his car and nipped an o-ring and replaced with some halfords universal o-rings (everything seem ok and then when he was on boost his engine caught fire)..

2 seals is not a better seal, if it was it would come with 2 seals,these are designed to have one seal top and bottom (if your having fit 2 o-rings to seal - you are using the wrong seals or you have been given the wrong ones from the off)..

ask any other engine builder/tuner on here (they will tell you the same)..

i am just trying to help mate, we had customer who himself fitted some uprated injectors to his car and nipped an o-ring and replaced with some halfords universal o-rings (everything seem ok and then when he was on boost his engine caught fire)..

2 seals is not a better seal, if it was it would come with 2 seals,these are designed to have one seal top and bottom (if your having fit 2 o-rings to seal - you are using the wrong seals or you have been given the wrong ones from the off)..

ask any other engine builder/tuner on here (they will tell you the same)..

Parts and procedures are being improved all the time. Just because an injector comes with 1 o-ring doesn't mean it would be better with 2. Who's to know this unless someone tries it. If this were the case parts would never be improved. Take the PHR oil pump for example, the only difference between that and a stock pump is a slightly larger drilled out oil gallery hole. But if what you saying is true across the board if toyota didn't do it then it must not be right. Neither of us are big ads tuning companies but this doesn't mean me can't improve on a products application.

Parts and procedures are being improved all the time. Just because an injector comes with 1 o-ring doesn't mean it would be better with 2. Who's to know this unless someone tries it. If this were the case parts would never be improved. this doesn't mean me can't improve on a products application.

your car is superb mate , is it worth the risk ?

doubling up on o-rings seals is not a proven method on high horse power cars.

why risk it ?

ask the likes of dude , leep mr wilson etc etc ..

some of your mods and things have been superb on your build but am not keen on the doubling up on o rings method..

even if its a new idea, imo with your car its not worth the risk after all the hard work.

unless this is a proven method then great double them up.

I'd have to agree with Jurgen, Hodge. I come from a plumbing background, and have had many instances of people doubling up on o'rings causing leaks down the line. It's unlikely that each o'ring will be seated 100%. I'd only ever use the o'rings supplied by the injector supplier, as even the smallest difference in tollerance can cause a leak. Plus, if you do get any problems, the injector supplier will just turn their back on you for altering their spec.

Yeah I hear you Rob. It annoys me that people won't do anything for anyone unless it involves money. I'm big on helping people out. It makes the world a better place lol.

I'll have to find something to use on the runners to get in the fiddley bits haha.

a decent toothbrush will do the trick, gets in all the good places lol

a decent toothbrush will do the trick, gets in all the good places lol

Or I could take it all apart and clean it just before the big shine off between my and you Rob lmao.

Be like clash of the titans me being persius of course:p

Just to clarify, I don't think you have understood my method behind this.

With the injectors I've used, the O-Rings seal on the outer and inner diameter of the ring, not the top. I measured the injector gap and O-ring height and there was plenty of room inside the gap to fit 2 rings with room to spare so the rings were not compressed which would cause a leak. The tunnel inside the Veilside rail doesn't have a counterbore at all so there is no resistance for the rings to compress on that either. All the lower ring does is give the upper ring a little extra support as pressure is added via fuel.

Guest GE-XB-77

Hey everyone....Does anyone have an idea where I get some Ball Joints,because I really need them for my Supra..

And in Germany you won't get them so easily ;)

I've now got it in my head my engine bay is getting cluttered again so have sone funky mods to clean the bulkhead up some.

Firstly, I'm going to remove all the brakelines, and replace with braided line but with a white plastic coating (from Speedflow), these will go from master cylinder all the way to calipers. The ones that run along the bulkhead will instead go into the bulkhead and along the scuttle panel and back out the other side behind the engine so there totally hidden. I'll also be doing the same with the brake booster pipework and the throttle cable. Should clean the back up very nicely also the bulkhead will help shade the brakelines from heat off the downpipe and manifold.

Check out these brakelines.

http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/-03-plastic-coated-teflon-01mtr-2000-03-1312-p.asp

Seriously though guys, your welcome to any of my ideas for mods. That's what this project thread is all about really and why I've used so many pics etc so people can see how to do stuff and maybe use it as a reference as they mod there own cars.

I'm happy my ideas are being used on other show winning big projects.

Seriously though guys, your welcome to any of my ideas for mods. That's what this project thread is all about really and why I've used so many pics etc so people can see how to do stuff and maybe use it as a reference as they mod there own cars.

I'm happy my ideas are being used on other show winning big projects.

ha ha you crack me up, been a good thread and full of info ill need :)

ha ha you crack me up, been a good thread and full of info ill need :)

Wasn't a joke mate. You underestimate your car so do others. I've heard it loads of times before, "my cars not good enough, blah blah blah". Your just being over critical or very reserved lol.

You've got a show winner already, god knows what it's gona be like when it's done.