The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

You know your sh.t Hodge...! Where did you learn how to work on cars like this? What advice do you have for somebody that would like to have your skills...?

Just give it a go mate, what's the worst that can happen. The way I see it is, if you mess it up 3 times n get it right on the 4th it's still going to cost you the same as if you took it to a garage to be done and in addition you've gained new skill. The whole car has just been 1 big trial and error , I decided how I wanted something and kept trying til I had it how I wanted it. No secrets really, just a lot of work and a lot of luck I recon.

Crickey John, it's a while since I have visited the modded section of the forum and to say I am taken back by your progress and skill level is an understatement. You will be big next year in the trophy department; no question about it.

Thanks Andrew. Just want it finished now. Feels like it's dragging on a bit. It's been a whole year since I pulled the engine.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that's what i'm talking about,

very nice work with all the braided lines John, thats what i'm looking to do with mine in 2011,

replace most/ all possible lines with braided versions.

Keep it up ;)

btw: still jealous of your georgeous wheels :D

Thanks mate. I'm really happy with the way they've all gone together makes the finish that little more polished if you know what I mean. I am going to get a year or so out of the car then pull most of it all apart again as there's some bits I'm not totally happy with, engine bay wise.

I actually considered selling the wheels and getting a different style but not sure really.

dont sell the wheels you fool lol they are the bollox. looking great john

Not sure in I want something with a darker centre but mine are 4.5k worth of wheels n tyres so doubt I'll make anywhere near my money back if I did sell them.

they are a tasty/special set of wheels... shame but thats the way things go mate, think how much my engine bay owes me and its a na so all dead money ill never see again but all fun!!

I know where your coming from mate, mods mods are dead Money really . The only way of making your money back from a modded car is to break it and sell all the parts separate.

I had everything vertually under the bonnet of my blue Supra chromed, then decided to go single n pulled it all out n sold it and to be fair I made most of my money back.

I know where your coming from mate, mods mods are dead Money really . The only way of making your money back from a modded car is to break it and sell all the parts separate.

I had everything vertually under the bonnet of my blue Supra chromed, then decided to go single n pulled it all out n sold it and to be fair I made most of my money back.

i know and thats the worst part of all as i know that day is coming for mine, when this new lump is built and ready. be in touch mate soon as i need to pick your brain on a couple of things.

i know and thats the worst part of all as i know that day is coming for mine, when this new lump is built and ready. be in touch mate soon as i need to pick your brain on a couple of things.

Lol no sweat mate, anytime. Just giz a buzz.

Bit of a shitter today.

I've finished priming the drivers door which is good, fitted the map sensor for the Syvecs, again pleased with that but had a fuel leak which I'm gutted about.

I plugged my old ECU in and wanted to prime the fuel system so I could check for leaks etc and did I have s leak :-(

Number 3 injector O-ring must be split or not sealing properly cos I had fuel spraying out the top where the rail sits over the injector. Totally gutted. So I need to take the rail off and change the O-ring. Think that should sort it.

But atleast I know the fuel pump works which is good news. Just my garage stinks of fuel now. Wasn't a lot of fuel but it's suprising how much smell it gives off in a small space. Hopefully I'll get it sorted tomorrow and re-prime the system with no leaks.

not a huge problem mate, just a hic-up.

That'll evaporate off pretty quickly chief. Just ventilate it well.

Not really a set back, as you found something that you were checking for. Positive spin at all times!

When I extended the injector clip wires to go under the runners I did add extra wire to them incase I had to lift the rail up again so I didn't have to unclip everything.

When the rail went in I thought it didn't look straight but the injectors had came out of that rail and plenum so guessed it should be fine, odviously not. Never mind I'll sort it tomorrow hopefully.

Problem solved. There was a very small part of the O-ring which had worn and was letting the fuel past. I've replaced all of them and doubled the O-rings up as there was plenty of room on the injectors. All leaks are gone.

It's worked out well really as it's gave me a chance to clean the white intake runners as they were a little dusty.

See, all good mate. Everything happens for a reason :)

Aye fair 1 lol. I got nothing else done on the car today as I've been fixing the guys punto up the street for the last 5hrs for nowt. I'm too soft these days lol.

Aye fair 1 lol. I got nothing else done on the car today as I've been fixing the guys punto up the street for the last 5hrs for nowt. I'm too soft these days lol.

I remember you were saying you'd fit some fat fellas HKS Twins for free too. You're definitely going too soft! :p

done it many times and earn nothing for it lol i dont care though i like helping people out.

good to hear you got the fuel leak sorted now john, then white runners are going to drive you insane with dust lol

Problem solved. There was a very small part of the O-ring which had worn and was letting the fuel past. I've replaced all of them and doubled the O-rings up as there was plenty of room on the injectors. All leaks are gone.

It's worked out well really as it's gave me a chance to clean the white intake runners as they were a little dusty.

sounds like you might have nipped an o-ring, if your having to double up on your o-rings then something wrong as they are designed to take one on the top and one on the bottom.

once your running properly and your running more pressure, if these fail you will spill petrol onto a hot engine , which is a potential fire hazard..

i know how much time you have spent on your car and you need to make sure you get the correct seal on there mate.

I remember you were saying you'd fit some fat fellas HKS Twins for free too. You're definitely going too soft! :p

Yeah I'll fit them for free mate that's no problem but unfortunately all the other work is going to cost you a fortune ;)

sounds like you might have nipped an o-ring, if your having to double up on your o-rings then something wrong as they are designed to take one on the top and one on the bottom.

once your running properly and your running more pressure, if these fail you will spill petrol onto a hot engine , which is a potential fire hazard..

i know how much time you have spent on your car and you need to make sure you get the correct seal on there mate.

The injectors were fitted with the O-rings that were supplied with then. These rings didn't fill the space on the injector top. It wasn't due to it being to narrow, I just had space to fit 2 O-rings on top of eachother for a better seal. On WOT you only increase pressure by a bar. I increased the static pressure to test the seals and had no leaks. No issues at all. There's no way I'd cut corners or do something that would risk an engine fire or worse just for a quick fix. It just wouldn't happen, I'm much more experienced than that.