Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had a good luck at these fitting and there much better quality that stuff I've bought before. The fitting come with a small bush inside. I recon it's because the line it a PTFE (Teflon) instead of a rubber hose which uses a 2 piece fitting instead of a 3 like these. These must have cost me 5 times as much as I usually pay for braided hose and fittings but I'd say they were well worth the extra cash for sure.

Are you using PTFE tape on the npt fittings? I'd advise using that or a product called Swak.

Guest Edd1Ninety9

Ridiculous work! Absolutely stunning! I remember google imaging supra engine bays when I was younger and wondered how much thought and effort went into them. I think you've made this clear to us all! :D

Fantastic though when you see what you can do if you put your mind to it! Just get this damn thing finished! Snow or no snow! :p lol :D

:drool: Beautiful :drool:

stunning!!

Cheers guys.

Are you using PTFE tape on the npt fittings? I'd advise using that or a product called Swak.

All the fittings are PTFE'd to the max bud.

Simply awesome John :cool:

Love the steering wheel mate which model is it?

Thanks Jamesy. No idea what steering wheel it is to be honest. When I bought the car the guy gave me it for free said he had never fitted it.

God Dame you Hodge.......

How am i going to compete with that lol

One best engine bays of the club mate

Don't know yourself that's 1 mighty fine supra you've got there bud.

Ridiculous work! Absolutely stunning! I remember google imaging supra engine bays when I was younger and wondered how much thought and effort went into them. I think you've made this clear to us all! :D

Fantastic though when you see what you can do if you put your mind to it! Just get this damn thing finished! Snow or no snow! :p lol :D

Cheers mate I appreciate that. I'm going as quick as I can trust me. I want it running more than anyone.

Coming along very nicely John. Do you have a projected finish date or just ticking along until you can't change anything else :)

Hey Colin. Good to see your still about mate. Ideally I want the car done for RSCS 1st weekend in May. All being well I'll get it fired in Feb after that it's to the bodyshop and them mapped. After that it will all come apart again the following Nov to change the stuff I'm bored with lol.

Missus at work today, kids all out playing so headed for the garage.

OMG it was freezing. Here's an engine pic now it was all shiney before Xmas now it's all misted with the cold.

Started with the boost control solenoid.

Ryan told me to wire it into the blue multiplug on the loom next to the alternator. This is the VSV wiring on stock twins.

Unfortunately I've cut the plug off and the wires are tucked away in the conduit. The wires are black/red 12v, and blue/white

I removed all the conduit and insulating tape and dug the wires out.

Next was to mount the solenoid.

I wanted it tucked away but still accessible if needed. I've mounted it here so the fans keep it cool from unwanted manifold heat.

The fittings for the Teflon lines are in 3 parts like I explained in a previous post here's a pic of it all separated.

Lines made up and fitted.

I've also fitted the knock sensor, just the map sensor and the looms to do.

Fingers crossed I'll be priming my drivers door tomorrow and if I've got time do the map sensor.