The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Guest Edd1Ninety9

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeet just read this whole thread! Speechless!? :O

Quick question though. Why two BOVs? Is this because the monster turbo is going to be pushing so much air it can't all escape out of one BOV so an extra one is there to let it all out? Or is it for safety? One is suffice but have two to be safe? :/

Keep up the incredible build!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeet just read this whole thread! Speechless!? :O

Quick question though. Why two BOVs? Is this because the monster turbo is going to be pushing so much air it can't all escape out of one BOV so an extra one is there to let it all out? Or is it for safety? One is suffice but have two to be safe? :/

Keep up the incredible build!

No particular reason mate really apart from just cos I can and to be a little different. I'm hoping when they go off cos there either side of the cooler there don't go off together with a small maybe a second delay, that will sound awesome.

It's true. I'd wake him while he was sleeping in his Rotastak attic bedroom and he would be sat there on his back with a monster case of morning glory. I was a very proud owner. They have retractable nobs too, very handy.

Lmao hahaha. Awesome Matt purely awesome. Big up the hampster bonner.

just spent all day reading this from the start.

well mostly just lookin at the pics in each thread,

loads of work gone into this, that engine bay looks amazing. the block on its own, awsome.

what an amount of time, effort and money.

top marks from me! :)

Started on the drivers door today, I've keyed the paint and filled it as it had a creece in the centre from a car part or something. Whilst I was on I've also filled the door lock cos it was knackered anyways. Was a little cold outside and no room in the garage to do it so there was nothing for it, sitting room floor was my choice workshop.

Now it's sitting the conservatory to dry. I'll rub it down tomorrow (outside lol) and chuck some primer on.

Just ordered up all the -3an braided lines and fittings for wastegate and boost control solenoid.

I've gone for -3an braided Teflon lines an blue/red fittings. Ordered them from speedflow this morning. Cost me 125 quid for the lot but I suppose if I don't get decent stuff it's only gona melt the lines and fade the fittings with the heat.

Fillers dried on the door really well. The only issue is I can't lie it flat anywhere in the garage to sand it down so I'm going to have to do it outside and it's a little nippy out there. I'm trying to fire myself up to crack on with it but I'm struggling lol. Really wanted it ready to prime today.

So out I went and rubbed the door down.

And then chucked it's 1st coat of primer on. Now I've no idea how or even if this primer will dry in this temp but there's only 1 way to find out.

After I put the primer I thought seems I'm out I may as well get that PAS pulley fitted back on.

And a quick engine shot.....

Both amps are now mounted in the back just infront of where the roof sits.

And a couple of randoms.

Wastegate pipework and fittings have arrived already. I only ordered them at dinner time yesterday. Now that's service.

I've got :-

2mtrs of braided line

1 x t-piece with 2 x -3an fittings and a 1/8 NPT

4 x 90 degree fittings

2 x straight fittings

1 x -3an to 1/8 NPT connector.

I already havecthe fittings in place on the wastegate and turbo so it's only the boost control solenoid needs plumbing into them both.

Just had a good luck at these fitting and there much better quality that stuff I've bought before. The fitting come with a small bush inside. I recon it's because the line it a PTFE (Teflon) instead of a rubber hose which uses a 2 piece fitting instead of a 3 like these. These must have cost me 5 times as much as I usually pay for braided hose and fittings but I'd say they were well worth the extra cash for sure.