Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

finally finished reading from the begining again.One hell of a build thread and attention to detail is amazing,hat off to you for doing it all yourself.got some great tips for myself now and wrote down what pages the bits im interested are on,dont fancy reading all of that again in a hurry.Do they do the mirrors with indicators in or is that going to be a modification on your part.

BIG thumbs up here.

finally finished reading from the begining again.One hell of a build thread and attention to detail is amazing,hat off to you for doing it all yourself.got some great tips for myself now and wrote down what pages the bits im interested are on,dont fancy reading all of that again in a hurry.Do they do the mirrors with indicators in or is that going to be a modification on your part.

BIG thumbs up here.

Everytime I was on the thread I noticed you were viewing it lol.

The plan for the mirrors will be carbon ganadors with indicators built it, but I won't buy these until the car has all been painted. I know an Ermmm friendly MOT station that will help me out there until I get the mirrors.

If you need any help with anything I've done drop me a P.M mate mate and I can talk you through it if I can.

Looks fantastic, mate! Top work ;)

looks quality mate. congrats keep it up dude

looking good john, top work mate.

Cheers guys. And a massive thanks to you Rob for all the advice over the numerous P.Ms I've bombarded you with. It really is appreciated mate, thank you.

Everytime I was on the thread I noticed you were viewing it lol.

The plan for the mirrors will be carbon ganadors with indicators built it, but I won't buy these until the car has all been painted. I know an Ermmm friendly MOT station that will help me out there until I get the mirrors.

If you need any help with anything I've done drop me a P.M mate mate and I can talk you through it if I can.

cheers for that will do when i get hold of the rear end

Looking pretty damn awesome Hodge. I also love the blended look, but I was advised against it on my current car saying that cracking can occur where the bodywork bends. However, I'm now convinced it's down to who does it. My old red car that Mark Newman now owns had the full OEM kit blended and it still to this day over 3 years later is in perfect condition. My current car which was done just over a year ago is showing stress lines in the paint where it's blended already. :(

Looking pretty damn awesome Hodge. I also love the blended look, but I was advised against it on my current car saying that cracking can occur where the bodywork bends. However, I'm now convinced it's down to who does it. My old red car that Mark Newman now owns had the full OEM kit blended and it still to this day over 3 years later is in perfect condition. My current car which was done just over a year ago is showing stress lines in the paint where it's blended already. :(

Totally agree. It's the same as engine building I suppose. If you get a crap builder then it's gona pop sooner or later.

The gap where the duct meets the rear arch is full and I mean FULL of filler, so I can't see it cracking in a hurry that's for sure.

no problems mate any time. such a good read this thread full of information

Well hopefully other less confident members can use it to help them mod there supras. I'm always happy to explain any of the mods I've done and walk people through duplicating it on there own cars.

It's what the clubs all about after all.

Small update guys.

My 2nd amplifier has arrived, total bargain from eBay. I wanted both amps to be identical and it was bugging the shit out of me only having 1 in the car as it wasn't semetrical, so panic over.

I've gone for 2 JL Audio 4 channel class AB amps. 1 to run both subs and 1 to run the components.

Secondly I've been loving what Paul Whiffin has done with the AUX pulleys so I've removed my PAS pulley to take to work and drill some holes in.

I'm going to go for 20mm holes on a P.C.D of 80mm.

This is how it's life started out.

Hopefully I should get it drilled and chamfered tonight so will have some pics tomorrow of the finished product.

My tower of empty monster fuel has hit epic proportions too. It's kept mr firing on all cylinders on the late nights in the garage.

Here's the story so far lmao. And yes I know I MAY HAVE A PROBLEM hahaha.

you dissapoint me john, why aint the cans set out blue green blue green blue??? i thought you was a perfectionist. good effort though haha

Sorry Rob, I do need guidance sometimes. I'll take them all down straight away and rearrange them.

Cool! it really is a stunning car!

I bet your really happy as to how well it is turning out.

Yeah I'm more happy with the bodywork TBH. I really did have visions of messing it up big style n it costing me a fortune at the bodyshop to put it right. I really have impressed myself there.

Engine wise, well I'll reserve my judgement until it's running and mapped, but I'm not really worried on that side HONEST lol.