hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More plans!

This build was crazy enough from day one! :)

Let's get it running and have a year or so's fun out of it oh and save some pennies and then I'll elevate to defcon 2 lol

In that case, dibs on the old engine................. (yes im serious :D)

Let's see how long it lasts 1st.

More plans? do share. :)

;)

She'll just tell me to take the trusty old punto which I love so dearly lol.

Not if the engine gets a fault and has to be removed for inspection, these italian cars are not much cop lol, especially when having to order a part that is out of stock :D

Not if the engine gets a fault and has to be removed for inspection, these italian cars are not much cop lol, especially when having to order a part that is out of stock :D

Sounds like you've done this before mate lol. I like your style.

Well I've just spent the whole day loading 3 full tins of primer on drivers rear arch and skirt. I'm going to leave it to cure until Friday now and then flatten it back n see how it is. I've got a very small run where the arch meets the skirt again so that's going to need rubbing down and hopefully won't need priming again.

Roll on Friday.

Another day of bodywork today with great results. I've totally finished the drivers side arch n skirt. All primed and flattened back. All the boot is back together. Next job is to sort the drivers door. It has a car park door ding in it which needs fixing before I put the door back on. Be the sane process. I'll key the paint, fill it prime it and then flat it back. With the door being off the car it will make it loads easier to do. Once that's done I can get everything bolted back together again and move onto the other side.

I'll get some pics up in a bit. I'm really happy with the results. You can't even tell these panels have been added.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

I really do love this kit, it's looking perfect! are you sure you've never done bodywork before? :D

Nah never dude. Just had a go really. To be fair though I've had a huge amount of advice from Rob mitchel whilst I've been doing and without his advice it wouldn't have turned out this well I'm sure of that.

Cheers Jamie. Yeah I prefer the smooth look to having gaps. I don't know how a genuine skirt sits or if it's blended or not. Jurgen would be the man to tell us that.

look here mate http://jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2010/supra23.html they fitted just like oem spats.. It looked quite good in real life too..

but if your smoothing it in then i would smooth the full area ie so skirt sort of joins rear qaurter as one panel flat. (sort of like completely take the gap out so it appears like rear qaurters and skirts are one piece.

hodge.jpg