Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

James this is the nearest I've got to a full side on view mate but the front wing is missing. I've got a couple of when I first fitted the kit but there's no engine in and I've raised the back about 30mm since. But this pic is the stance it sits now. I went round with a digital vernier and measured the skirt to ground clearance to make sure it sat straight.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/013-25.jpg

cool thanx mate - love it :cool:

Fitted the rear matrix pipes today. Just need some clamps to hold them in place. My only issue is they have a wire coil in them and wondering how they'll seal in the male ends of the pipes but I suppose there's only 1 way to find out. I'm hoping the wire coil will just crush under pressure, as I can't see samco developing a hose that couldn't be clamped water tight.

Also a little more bodywork done. The plan was to take the door off this morning but I couldn't open the door far enough in my garage to get to the bolts so gona have to push it out the garage to do it.

Sorted the mikalor clamps for the matrix pipes, got them all bolted in place and filled the car with coolant. Not this RAF I've got in must be huge, cos the cars taken almost 10ltrs of coolant with just a dribble left in the bottle.

Couple of pics.

I'm having a little break mate. I've Been working 12hr shifts 6 days a week at work so time is a little short really. The next thing really is to take the drivers door off and finish blending the skirt in.

Should get onto it Friday hopefully, but i need to push the car outside to get the door off cos there's not enough room in the garage to open the door fully, and I need a hand pushing it in and out.

I'm having a little break mate. I've Been working 12hr shifts 6 days a week at work so time is a little short really. The next thing really is to take the drivers door off and finish blending the skirt in.

Should get onto it Friday hopefully, but i need to push the car outside to get the door off cos there's not enough room in the garage to open the door fully, and I need a hand pushing it in and out.

Wow that's some work schedule : / Can see why a sit down and rest was on the cards :D

On the upside, will be much more enjoyable when you get back out on it having had a few days from it. :)

Bugger, I'd have been up to give you a hand if it wasn't for the snow!

I'm assuming its twice as bad up there as it is down in the Swalwell Riviera :D

A few more body work pics from over the last 2 days. All the drivers side is now blended. The red splodges is acrylic putty to fill the small imperfections in the kit.

Putty has been rubbed down and the whole side primed.

After priming there was a couple of runs in the primer, so I've rubbed it down and removed the runs. I'll prime the car again tomorrow and that's that side finished and onto the drivers door.

not a bad thing to get runs in the primer mate, looking very good i must say john. the stopper is good stuff for all the imperfections.

if your using a high build primer it might be worth applying a good heavy last/final coat and leaving it for a day to cure, as mentioned dont worry about runs using primer mate they will flat out.

I'm going to stick another 2 maybe 3 cans of hi-build primer. Think I'll try and put it on in thinner coats so I get no runs on the final coatings. A couple more jobs to do on this side of the car then I'll push the car out turn it round and back in to do the other side.

I've ordered some parts for the Syvecs from Ryan a week or so ago. I'll get those wired in over the Xmas period and I'll be ordering the Syvecs ECU In Jan maybe Feb. The cars virtually ready to fire, only need a few little bits to do and some oil in.