Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi i have been reading your build and its looking awsome you mentioned about the flush fitting filler cap

Im considering fitting 1 of these. What do you all think.

http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/aero-400-8-bolt-flange-with-neck-670-cap48sl-1225-p.asp

The filler flap will have to be smoothed over, so I need to find a way to make it solid when closed cos if it has any kind of flex once filler the filler is going to crack straight away.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/004-42.jpg

Hopefully i can now patiently await Rob to tell me the best way to do it ;)

Well i am having the same problem! I have been advised to get some steel sheet cut it to the same size as the flap then fit the flush fitting cap to the sheet and weld it as smooth to the body as possible leaving enuff room to hide the weld and then fiberglass it flat. thats the way im gona attempt it

Small update.

The whole drivers side is almost finished. There was a slight lump in the fiberglass TRD arch I wasn't happy with. You couldn't see it but I knew it was there so I've smoothed that off now. The skirt is just about all blended in. I'll remove the door as soon as I get chance so I can mask the doorway off and prime it all up to make sure you can't tell it's been filled and is nice and smooth.

Engine wise, I've made up the -4an lines for the BOV's and fitted them tonight. After I got back from the gym I put all the front end back together then left for work.

My white heater matrix hoses were dispatched today so I should receive them either tomorrow or Thursday. Once I get all these sized up and cut I can get them fitted and the engine filled with coolant.

going ok now mate?, i started to get worried for you lol.

Yeah it's all cool Rob. I scrapped all that putty out (took bloody ages lol) the holes, keyed it all and used filler. It's gone in great. Oh and that cake icener was the nuts mate, it worked a treat. Only problem is you can only use it once lol. It filled the gap between. The ducting top and Rear quarter perfectly. I managed to get the filler right to the back too so there's no chance of it cracking and falling out.

Few engine pics here with the BOV's fitted.

Made the braided lines up instead of silicone.

BOV's and lines fitted.

Latest shot of the engine bay. Only the matrix water pipes to fit in there now and those arrived yesterday.

I was considering removing the TRD rear bumper and blending a trial rear in there but after seeing this (thanks Jay) I very quickly changed my mind.

I was considering removing the TRD rear bumper and blending a trial rear in there but after seeing this (thanks Jay) I very quickly changed my mind.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/ac7446a3.jpg

ah, i thought you meant just to cut out the 'diffuser' part of a trial bumper and blend it with the trd one, not use the entire trial bumper in place of the trd one.

James this is the nearest I've got to a full side on view mate but the front wing is missing. I've got a couple of when I first fitted the kit but there's no engine in and I've raised the back about 30mm since. But this pic is the stance it sits now. I went round with a digital vernier and measured the skirt to ground clearance to make sure it sat straight.

Now that's how an engine bay should look!!! F**k me!! Love the black one. Don't do the trial rear dude...

Total moment of weakness mark. I really do love trial rears but if I want 1 of those I'll have to buy another supra cos the TRD is just too good to change