The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

interesting mate, the idea is very very good but filling with fibreglass will crack over time i think? never done anything like this so not too sure mate if im honest.

may work mate, i the arches were metal a plate could have been welded then filled over the top.

ill find out some information mate... i like the idea though.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting mate, the idea is very very good but filling with fibreglass will crack over time i think? never done anything like this so not too sure mate if im honest.

may work mate, i the arches were metal a plate could have been welded then filled over the top.

ill find out some information mate... i like the idea though.

I've got z mate that did this to his RX7. I'll drip him a txt.

Done a bit more work on this.

The fittings for the BOV's arrived so I got those in place. Now just waiting for the braided line and some more fittings and after that I can get the front bumper on for final fit.

Started back on the drivers rear quarter again.

Out came the acrilic puttyto fill any gaps or minor inperfections in the kit.

In total there was only 4 I think pin holes in the arch which needed attending to. Ive also used it to run down the seam between the skirt and car.

After its all hardened ill wet flat it back until its nice and smooth and then reprime it. Once this is done then thats the drivers side complete.

You're really getting there mate. It'll be in and out of the bodyshop before you know it :)

I want it running 1st Johnny to be honest. I want to check the squat on the rear arches to make sure they dont catch before it goes to the bodyshop. im sure it wont but wouldnt mind checking 1st.

Im going to take a few days off work when the car goes to the bodyshop aswell so I can go down and strip the car and help prep/prime amd flat back the car ready for paint.

I'm really excited for you buddy!

Not excited as i am Johnny. I think realistically its gona be Feb time when I get the ECU, when I get my bonus from work.

On the up side im going to look at a unit next weekend so were still all go for your build.

Not excited as i am Johnny. I think realistically its gona be Feb time when I get the ECU, when I get my bonus from work.

On the up side im going to look at a unit next weekend so were still all go for your build.

Great stuff. Am very flexible on dates mate, so we can work on that in the new year :)

Have you decided what ariel you're using? Have you considered deleting the ariel recess and hole, and using a glass mount ariel?

Im using a stock ariel mate i like them sadly enough. I just waiting for a couple of parts from Supra stevo that ive lost from mine.

Had my first bollok drop with the car the other day. I've applied the red stopper to the caps between the rear arch and the pod on the skirt and also where the skirt meets the sill. I've left it to try and when I went back to it found it was spongy over the gaps. It then dawned on me that I really need to use something so stuff the putty down the gaps. Instead it's just skimmed over the top making it not thick enough, so unfortunately it's all got to cone off and start again.

It's not a major ball ache but I'm a little disappointed I never thought about it lol. I'm getting stuck into it on Saturday so hopefully I'll sort the problem and get it primed ready for flatting back.

Im using a stock ariel mate i like them sadly enough. I just waiting for a couple of parts from Supra stevo that ive lost from mine.

just trying to find a gap in work time to get these in the post to you, work is mental at the min mate

I like the original aerial. I don't like those stubby ones!

:iagree:

:p :p